The Best Crystals & Gemstones for Love, Romance and Self-Love
Whether you are looking to attract love, deepen your sense of self-love, have more intimate relationships with family and friends, or spread loving kindness to those around you, love is an inevitable component of our lives. When we act with love for ourselves and others, our actions, words and thoughts align with the energy of love, which is the highest vibrational frequency on the planet. However, we could all use a little extra help living from a state of love and manifesting the kind of love we all desire. In those moments when you want to tap into the energy of love, reach for your favorite crystals for love. Finding your favorite love stone is the perfect way to support your love intentions and infuse your life with more love. Any of these love crystals will open your heart, heal your heart, and fill your entire being with the highest vibrations of love.
To help you get started using gemstones for love, we’re sharing the top crystals for a variety of love intentions, including crystals for attracting love, crystals for self love, crystals for healing a broken heart, and more.
Crystals for Attracting Love
The best crystals for attracting love and relationships are the ones that connect to the heart chakra because they open your heart to romantic partnership.
- Rose Quartz Stone: One of the most powerful stones for attracting love is Rose Quartz because it opens your heart to love of all kinds. Keep Rose Quartz by your bedside, and also in your purse, pocket, or bra. Each night before you go to sleep, place Rose Quartz over your heart.
- Malachite Stone: Another powerful stone for attracting love is Malachite. Unlike the soft and gentle energy of Rose Quartz, Malachite is a tough love stone that brings awareness to your patterns and behaviors when it comes to love. If you have a bad habit of choosing the wrong partner or self-sabotaging a good relationship, Malachite will help you break up with the energies that no longer serve you so you can have a healthier relationship with love.
- Aventurine stone: When it comes to attracting love, you may need a little luck on your side. In that case, reach for Aventurine, a stone of luck and success that also happens to be a powerful heart chakra stone. Keep this crystal close to you throughout the day as your “lucky charm” for love.
Practice attracting love with affirmations, such as My life is full of love. I attract love into my life. I am a magnet for love. Repeat your affirmation six times, as six is the number that represents love. Following this simple practice each day while holding your crystals for love will help draw a new love into your life, as well as make you a magnet for love.
Crystals for Self Love
The best crystals for self love are the ones that remind you to love, care for, and nurture yourself because the relationship you have with yourself is the most important one!
- Ocean Jasper stone: The calming and soothing energy of this stone reminds you to carve out time in your day for yourself, because your needs are a priority.
- Sunstone stone: Sunstone’s yellow color represents the sun, and the sunstone meaning is to allow your true self to shine. It also stimulates your personal power, strength and leadership abilities. It increases your self-worth and confidence.
- Rhodochrosite stone: As a stone of self-worth, Rhodochrosite reminds you that you are worthy of love – especially self love. Connect with this stone to remember your value and worth.
- Pink Opal stone: Just by looking at the Pink Opal crystal, you can feel its soft and gentle energy. Pink Opal reminds you to be kind and compassionate, especially toward yourself. It has a healing energy that soothes any inner conflict or self-judgement and encourages you to treat yourself with love.
To use your self love stone, hold it over your heart during your self-love practice.
Crystals for Loving Kindness
To inspire love in every aspect of your life, connect with crystals for love that remind you to live in a state of love and treat those around you with love.
- Amazonite stone: As a stone of joy, Amazonite fills your heart with positive energy and happiness. Connecting with this love stone inspires you to radiate joy and optimism, which in turn brings more joy to those around you.
- Citrine stone: Citrine is connected to the energy of the sun, a source of light and positivity. This stone encourages you to be a source of light for those around you, uplifting and spreading positivity.
Wear these crystals or carry them with you throughout the day to boost your loving kindness, no matter where you are or what you are doing.
Crystals for Relationships
Keep the love alive in your relationship with these crystals for love and relationships.
- Moonstone stone: Moonstone calms over-reactions to situations, which is important for keeping the peace in a relationship. It also brings up old emotional patterning, so you can make changes for a healthy relationship that satisfies both partners.
- Lapis Lazuli: This stone was dedicated to Venus, the Goddess of love for more than 5,000 years. It is the stone of communication, which helps bring honesty, compassion and harmony to a relationship. It helps facilitate active listening.
- Garnet stone: As a stone of passion, Garnet ignites the passion between you and your partner. This deep, red stone has the perfect energy to remind you of the deep love and intimacy you share with your partner.
When using these gemstones for love in your relationship, you can either use them together as a couple or individually, depending on your intention.
Crystals for Healing a Broken Heart
When you are healing a broken heart, crystals can be a powerful tool to help you release any sadness, pain, or heaviness so you can mend and heal your heart.
- Rhodonite stone: This is the ideal stone for healing a broken heart. It’s often referred to as the rescue stone and has a vibrational energy that helps bring forgiveness and compassion to aid with relationship problems. It is one of the best stones for healing the heart or emotional trauma.
- Malachite stone: This deep green stone aids in transformation of the heart. It reminds you to keep a positive and optimistic outlook on life and opens your heart to all types of love.
- Chrysocolla stone: The chrysocolla meaning is especially helpful during times of change and transition such as breakups, because it helps to calm your emotions so that you can begin to heal. Chrysocolla also helps increase your capacity to love.
- Rainbow Obsidian stone: The darker color of this stone, mixed with the rainbow hues, represents the darkness that can often fill your heart after a loss of a relationship. Let this stone be your reminder to tap into the brighter, more joyful energies within you so you can practice handing over any heaviness in your heart to the crystal.
For heart healing, place the crystal of your choice over your heart for seven minutes, as seven is the number that represents healing.
Making a Crystal Grid for Love
After discovering the love crystals for your intention, you can set up a grid. The power of a crystal grid comes from the union of energies created between the healing stones, sacred geometry and your intention. The combination of the power of crystals in a geometric pattern greatly strengthens your focused intention to manifest results much quicker.
- Begin by setting your intention.
- Then pick the crystals for love that best align with your intention. You may mix and match any combination of these gemstones for love based on what you need to open your heart. You may find that more than one category of stones for love fit your needs.
- Intuitively and with intention, place each crystal in a grid formation. You may choose to use a grid cloth or you can use an image that represents love to you.
- Place a crystal point (preferably quartz) at the center of your grid to elevate your intentions.
- Keep the grid up for one moon cycle, or 40 days.
You may also like reading Heart Chakra Healing with Crystals.
- love & Happiness
- Rose Quartz
Heather Askinosie is a crystal expert and leading influencer on the power of crystals, Feng Shui and holistic healing. For nearly 30 years, she has been researching the scientific and spiritual aspects of energy. After studying with the best healers from all over the world, she has used the past three decades of her career to translate ancient wisdom into simple tools that anyone can use to transform their life. In 2000, she co-founded Energy Muse with business partner, Timmi Jandro. Energy Muse provides tools of empowerment and inspiration in the tangible form of jewelry and crystals. Her crystal teachings can be found in her book Crystal Muse: Everyday Rituals to Tune into the Real You as well as mindbodygreen, Well+Good, The Chalkboard Mag, and more. Learn more about Heather at energymuse.com.