There are a lot of ways to get your heart broken—and as anyone who has ever gone through heartbreak can tell you—there aren’t nearly enough ways to heal it. Sadly, there’s no antibiotic for how to heal a broken heart. The only cure is a balance of time and emotional work. Whether you’ve lost a dream job, a loved one, or a romantic relationship, the way to heal remains the same—you have to confront your pain. Luckily, there’s crystals that can help you to do that.
The goal is to get to a point of acceptance, so that you can forgive and let go of the pain that you went through. Crystals that are attuned to the soothing energy of release and acceptance can act as guides for overcoming that last bit of lingering heartbreak. The nurturing encouragement that crystals offer in this time make all the difference. Just having that loving, forgiving and motivating energy around as you process situations can dramatically affect your emotional progress in moving past them.
This How to Heal a Broken Heart Ritual gives you an outlet through which you can explore and ease your pain, and uses the energy of a rainbow obsidian heart to facilitate the healing process. Rainbow obsidian is an ideal stone for working through emotional pain because it eases you into the journey by first absorbing your negative energy. Then, as you connect with rainbow obsidian, it enhances your understanding and compassion as you traverse your layers of pain. This helps you to see the difficult lessons embedded in your experiences. Use this 11-day ritual with rainbow obsidian to discover the rainbow after the storm. All you need to do is devote 21 minutes, for 11 consecutive days, to processing your emotions. If no feeling surface for you to process on one of your 11 days, that’s okay. Don’t judge yourself. The reason you’re doing this for 11 days is to give yourself the time you need heal. Setting this time limit will force you to focus on achieving meaningful introspection, and discourage you from dwelling or over analyzing beyond that. So if you’re ready to move on, invest in yourself and your emotions with this proactive step toward healing the heart.
A Crystal Ritual for How to Heal a Broken Heart
Healing from hurts can take a long time, but you can help the process move quickly with Rainbow Obsidian.
What you’ll need:
How to heal a broken heart ritual steps:
- Begin by clearing your space. Where ever you plan on doing this 21-minute healing ritual is the environment that you’ll need to cleanse. You can do this by opening your windows, lighting your stick of sage, placing the sage in a fireproof container and wafting the smoke of the sage around the room. Make sure to get the smoke into those often overlooked areas like closets, window sills and doorways.
- Then cleanse your rainbow obsidian heart by immersing it into the smoke of the sage, and asking that the spirit of sage purify your stone.
- Next, program your crystal. Hold the crystal in the palms of your hands, and state your intention out loud. Your intention can be whatever you want. We’ve found that a good intention to use when it comes to moving past relationship heartbreak, is: I program this crystal to help me heal my heart and let go. Let this crystal help me to come back to the state of love and forgiveness as I cleanse myself of the energy that no longer serves me.
- Light a candle to mark your space as a sacred environment during this ritual.
- Set your timer for 21 minutes and begin. You can also listen to the guided visualization below to guide you through the remainder of the ritual. (We’ve left you enough time in between the steps to complete them).
- Grab your journal and pen. Write down the good, the bad and the ugly. Write down your fear, anger, frustration, sorrow – anything that you want to get out. Don’t edit yourself. Free yourself to write without judgement.
- When you’ve exhausted everything you wanted to say, close your journal. Pick up your rainbow obsidian heart and your flowers.
- Lay flat on your back. (Note: If you are doing this ritual to help you process the end of a relationship, don’t lay on your bed, as it still carries the energy of that relationship. When you can, cleanse the mattress using the technique in this video.) Spread the flowers or flower petals over your chest. The energy of the floral world works to heal the spirit with a beautiful and earthly essence. Place the rainbow obsidian heart over your heart, preferably with the stone in direct contact with your skin – you want the rainbow side facing down, touching your skin.
- Visualize yourself soaking in the healing energy of the Earth as the rainbow obsidian heart and flowers absorb your negative energy, and infuse you with love for the remainder of your 21 minutes. Make sure to take deep breaths throughout this process. See yourself being in a place of complete safety, and once you feel like you’re in your body, begin talking out loud. See whatever person, or situation and begin saying aloud everything you’d want to say to them – do not edit yourself, just say everything; this is a healing process for you. Let the rainbow obsidian suck up anything toxic – negativity, anger, fear, frustration etc. Cry. Scream. Yell. Get it all out and let it go.
- When you’re done with that process, visualize your hand as a blade and cut away the darkness. Cut away all the things you just said and release it from your energy field.
- Place your hands over your heart, touching your crystal. Feel yourself merging with the rainbow energy that resides within it. See yourself as an energy field of light, love and forgiveness. At this time, you not only forgive yourself, but the person and the situation. Ask yourself, what am I supposed to learn from this? What is this pain, sorrow or loss here to teach me? Sit with this energy. Smell the flowers on your body, feel the crystal on your chest and fill your body up with the healing energy that lies on your heart.
- After you’ve finished, thank your crystal for its healing energy. Sage your crystal and your own energy field. (If you’re feeling a little dizzy, make sure to drink water).
- Give your flowers or petals back to the Earth once you’re finished.
- Repeat this process for 11 days with just the rainbow obsidian over your heart. (You may continue to use flowers each day if you feel called to!)
Heather Askinosie is a crystal expert and leading influencer on the power of crystals, Feng Shui and holistic healing. For nearly 30 years, she has been researching the scientific and spiritual aspects of energy. After studying with the best healers from all over the world, she has used the past three decades of her career to translate ancient wisdom into simple tools that anyone can use to transform their life. In 2000, she co-founded Energy Muse with business partner, Timmi Jandro. Energy Muse provides tools of empowerment and inspiration in the tangible form of jewelry and crystals. Her crystal teachings can be found in her book Crystal Muse: Everyday Rituals to Tune into the Real You as well as mindbodygreen, Well+Good, The Chalkboard Mag, and more. Learn more about Heather at energymuse.com.