The Best Crystals for Love: The Road to Love Begins with You
Love is the most powerful force in the universe. It is a magical life source, as vital to our survival as the air we breathe and fundamental to our meaning and purpose in the world. It motivates and inspires us to be the best version of ourselves and is the one universal force that truly connects us all. From ancient times to modern day, no two love stories are quite the same. For the lucky, its presence is abundant and steadfast. For others, it can be elusive, painful, even a struggle. The path of love is never a straight line but almost always marked by twists and turns, ups and downs. Some roads are short, others last a lifetime. For every individual, love manifests in multiple ways – romantic love, spiritual love, the love of a parent and child, love for humanity, love for our family and friends, even passion for what you do and how you live your life. However, the most important love of all is self-love – unconditional acceptance of you, for you, and a recognition that we are all worthy of love. Although the relationship we have with ourselves can be complicated, it is the starting point for everything that follows. Self-love is the foundation on which all our relationships with others is built, a three hundred and sixty degree understanding that how you love yourself informs how you love others, and, in turn, how others love you. So, set the bar high and trust that, in the end, all roads lead to love.
Use These Crystals to Bask in the Glow of Love
As part of a daily self-care practice, you cleanse and pamper your skin, you exercise and nourish your body, you stimulate and challenge your mind, but don’t forget to take care of the most important part of you – your heart. These crystals for love help us access all the beauty and divinity that already resides within us. Sometimes the gems with the softest energy can produce the most powerful results. Work with these crystals to gain a deeper understanding and acceptance of self so you can share the truest, purest version of yourself with others. Know that it takes strength to be vulnerable. It takes patience to make progress. Sometimes, it takes work to allow yourself to play, and courage to explore your passions. Most of all, it takes faith and honesty to reach your destiny. The coordinates are already programmed within us, we just need a few instruments to guide the way. Here are the best crystals for love, to help us navigate the journey and access all the love we have within us.
Crystals for Attracting Love
Certain crystals for love show us how to take care of our hearts and let go of any negativity in order to make room for healthy, positive relationships.
- Rose Quartz to be a love magnet: One of the most powerful stones for attracting love is Rose Quartz because it opens your heart to love of all kinds. Keep Rose Quartz by your bedside, and also in your purse, pocket, or bra. Each night before you go to sleep, place Rose Quartz over your heart.
- Rhodonite to let it go: The Rhodonite meaning helps to clear away any negative energy that no longer serves us. It helps us let go of any turmoil or pain so we can reach a place of forgiveness and move on from whatever is holding us back. Work with this stone to release yourself from the emotional shackles that are preventing you from achieving the kind of love you desire….and deserve. The pink and black markings of this gem work in tandem to release us from negativity or trauma and activate forgiveness and contentment, clearing the way for love to fill the space the darkness has left behind. This stone can also activate the solar plexus chakra, offering compassion and empathy for others and ensuring all your actions are motivated by love.
- Malachite to get to the heart of the matter: Dating back to the ancient Egyptians as early as 3000 BC, Malachite is the gemstone of transformation, working to clear and cleanse all the chakras. With its intense green coloring, the Malachite meaning gets to the “heart” of what may be holding you back. Use this stone to help connect with, and understand, yourself, build a positive self-image and dig deeper into your own beliefs and feelings and your internal relationship with love. Ironically, putting yourself first will make a place for others in your heart. The love you show yourself will permeate through so that, once you are at peace with who you are, you can share the best of yourself in all your relationships.
Aventurine to be your lucky charm: When it comes to attracting love, you may need a little luck on your side. In that case, reach for Aventurine, a stone of luck and success that also happens to be a powerful heart chakra stone. Keep this crystal close to you throughout the day as your “lucky charm” for love.
Practice attracting love with affirmations, such as My life is full of love. I attract love into my life. I am a magnet for love. Repeat your affirmation six times, as six is the number that represents love. Following this simple practice each day while holding your crystals for love will help draw a new love into your life, as well as make you a magnet for love.
Crystals for Self Love
Some crystals for self-love teach us that, once we know and love ourselves unconditionally, we can share our best self with others.
- Ocean Jasper to make yourself a priority: The calming and soothing energy of this stone reminds you to carve out time in your day for yourself, because your needs are a priority.
- Rhodochrosite because yes you're worth it: Rhodochrosite is the stone of self-worth. It allows us to honestly self-evaluate and tap into the deepest trenches of our self-image. What are our true feelings about love? How have our experiences shaped us? How do we feel about ourselves? Do we believe we are capable of love, and worthy of love? As one of the most powerful gemstones for emotional healing, the Rhodochrosite properties direct love back toward the self. Its gentle pink hues help us to release and recover from old wounds that may be creating energy blockages so we can heal, regain balance and even reconnect with the joyful, playful sides of us. Rhodochrosite gives us the courage to follow our heart and achieve our dreams.
- Rose Quartz to show yourself some love: Rose Quartz is the crystal of unconditional self-love. Its beautiful pink color just looks and feels like love! This crystal gives off a soft, gentle energy that is as loving and nurturing as a warm hug. It allows us to access our truest sense of self and connect with our purest essence. It is powerful in its softness, helping us align with the strength of love’s frequency. This rose quartz meaning brings complete self-acceptance and the safety and comfort that comes from knowing you are perfect just the way you are.
- Moonstone to embrace your divinity: Moonstone is the stone of destiny. It’s aligned with the energy of the moon and the divine feminine that resides in all of us, male and female. It’s pure magic, with properties that allow us to connect with the highest sense of self. Its beautiful combination of whites and blues take on a celestial, iridescent quality that inspires us to embrace our own inner beauty. It allows us to connect with the deepest center of our heart so we can explore how we grow, how we evolve and how we love.
When Rose Quartz and Moonstone are used together, this dynamic duo can help us achieve the deepest levels of unconditional, self-love, without reservation or judgement. Their magical properties and soft energy provide a healing and nurturing quality that encourages us to reach the highest and best version of ourselves.
To use your self love stone, hold it over your heart during your self-love practice.
Crystals for Passion
These crystals for love and romance allow us to tap into our passions and own our sensuality.
- Garnet to ignite the fire within: Garnet is the stone of passion. With a rich, deep wine color, it releases a heightened energetic vibration that gets the blood flowing and ignites the fire within. Its roots date back to ancient Roman and Greek civilizations, when it was used as a sign of power, truth, faith and love. Today, the garnet meaning still provides an empowering source of confidence and security, which enhances communication and free expression between partners, leading to a deeper more meaningful connection.
- Sunstone to own your sensuality: Sunstone healing properties inspire sensuality. Love yourself enough to explore what brings you pleasure. Identify what makes you feel beautiful, alive and passionate. And then, own it! Be you! Be proud of who you are, be comfortable in your own skin, be truthful about what you need, be courageous enough to be vulnerable. Sharing this purest version of yourself with your partner will establish the kind of connection that truly defines intimacy in a relationship, on a physical as well as emotional level.
Wear these crystals, place them in your bedroom or carry them with you throughout the day to boost your passion and sensuality.
Crystals for Relationships
The best crystal for love and relationships enhances communication and empowers us to form deep and meaningful connections with our partner.
Rutilated Quartz to establish a good connection: A very special stone, Rutilated Quartz channels the powers of the planet Venus and helps connect and align two people together to form the strongest type of relationship. It enhances communication, encourages openness and creates a safe passage to greater vulnerability. The Rutilated golden striations, otherwise known as “Venus Hairs,” unite the powers of beauty and love, emboldening us with the confidence to be completely ourselves, to be seen for who we are without judgement. This stone works on a higher vibrational frequency, much like a communication device, allowing two people to be fully open and present with each other in order to form the purest, most loving type of connection.
When using these gemstones for love in your relationship, you can either use them together as a couple or individually, depending on your intention.
Crystals for Healing a Broken Heart
When you are healing a broken heart, crystals can be a powerful tool to help you release any sadness, pain, or heaviness so you can mend and heal your heart.
- Chrysocolla for smooth transition: The chrysocolla meaning is especially helpful during times of change and transition such as breakups, because it helps to calm your emotions so that you can begin to heal. Chrysocolla also helps increase your capacity to love.
- Rainbow Obsidian to mend a broken heart: The darker color of this stone, mixed with the rainbow hues, represents the darkness that can often fill your heart after a loss of a relationship. Let this stone be your reminder to tap into the brighter, more joyful energies within you so you can practice handing over any heaviness in your heart to the crystal.
For heart healing, place the crystal of your choice over your heart for seven minutes, as seven is the number that represents healing.
Making a Crystal Grid for Love
After discovering the love crystals for your intention, you can set up a grid. The power of a crystal grid comes from the union of energies created between the healing stones, sacred geometry and your intention. The combination of the power of crystals in a geometric pattern greatly strengthens your focused intention to manifest results much quicker.
- Begin by setting your intention.
- Then pick the crystals for love that best align with your intention. You may mix and match any combination of these gemstones for love based on what you need to open your heart. You may find that more than one category of stones for love fit your needs.
- Intuitively and with intention, place each crystal in a grid formation. You may choose to use a grid cloth or you can use an image that represents love to you.
- Place a crystal point (preferably quartz) at the center of your grid to elevate your intentions.
- Keep the grid up for one moon cycle, or 40 days.
You may also like reading Heart Chakra Healing with Crystals.
- love & Happiness
- Rose Quartz
Heather Askinosie is a crystal expert and leading influencer on the power of crystals, Feng Shui and holistic healing. For nearly 30 years, she has been researching the scientific and spiritual aspects of energy. After studying with the best healers from all over the world, she has used the past three decades of her career to translate ancient wisdom into simple tools that anyone can use to transform their life. In 2000, she co-founded Energy Muse with business partner, Timmi Jandro. Energy Muse provides tools of empowerment and inspiration in the tangible form of jewelry and crystals. Her crystal teachings can be found in her book Crystal Muse: Everyday Rituals to Tune into the Real You as well as mindbodygreen, Well+Good, The Chalkboard Mag, and more. Learn more about Heather at energymuse.com.