Letting Go of Negativity with a Crystal Cleanse
Originally written for The Chalkboard Mag, our resident crystal expert, Heather Askinosie, shares two simple crystal rituals for letting go of negativity. As we move into the end of the year, moving past summer and getting back to our normal routines, it’s the perfect time to mirror the changing seasons and initiate change in our lives. Allowing yourself the time and space for inner self reflection helps you identify the old patterns, habits and thoughts that have limited you and kept you stuck. The more honest you are able to be with yourself, the easier the shift and transformation will be. As you break down the layers and break through barriers, you can begin to embrace who you really, truly are. Think of this crystal cleanse for letting go of negativity as a “secret formula” to shift your energy by clearing and cleansing any negative energy residue that has accumulated in your aura and energy body. With these crystal rituals in your energy tool kit, you’ll vibrate higher to reach your highest potential.
Fall celebrates change. Your bikinis are placed toward the back of your drawers and your boots come out of the closet as the weather begins to change. As the air becomes crisper and cooler, it’s important to remember to breathe even deeper. Through breath, we tap into an inner voice that says, “This year is coming to an end soon. What can I let go of now to shift, transform and evolve?” This is where your crystals come into play!
Black tourmaline will be your crystal ally to help you become aware and mindful of what no longer serves you (negativity, anger, fear, hurt, blame, etc.) so that you can consciously let go and allow a new energy to take that space. It’s very important to cleanse, purify and release all toxic, negative and unwanted energy from your home and energy body to keep yourself vibrating at your highest self. Once you have released this lower vibrational energy from your space, mind and body, you will feel clearer, focused and centered.
Are you ready to release any limiting thoughts to rid yourself of any negative mindsets? This fall, be a catalyst of change. These two black tourmaline crystal rituals for letting go of negativity will purify and clear your mind, body and soul!
Black Tourmaline + Selenite Body Crystal Grid
A quick and easy body crystal grid for letting go of negativity and giving yourself an energetic reset.
What You’ll Need:
- Lie down on your bed or a flat surface, like a yoga mat.
- Place 1 black tourmaline in the palm of each hand. Place the third black tourmaline below your feet, between your legs. Place the selenite vertically down the middle of your chest.
- Start to breathe in for 7 seconds and then breathe out for 7 seconds. Repeat for three rounds.
- State out loud anything you want to release, cleanse or let go of from your life. See this energy being absorbed into the 3 black tourmaline crystals. Continue to state out loud anything you want to let go of until you feel as if you have said everything you need to say.
- Now, shift your focus to the selenite on your chest. Visualize white light emitting out from the crystal and filling your entire body with healing, loving light. This light is now being absorbed into every cell of your being. State out loud with conviction words that describe the magnificent person that you are. Allow this change to vibrate all around and within you. This is who you are.
- When you feel complete, stand up and shake off any residue energy.
- Place the crystals outside for 8 hours to recharge and re-energize.
Black Tourmaline Purification Bath for Letting Go of Negativity
What You’ll Need:
- 3 black tourmaline crystals
- 1 box of baking soda
- 4 instant coffee bags
- 2 cups sea salt
- 1 sage cleansing set to smudge yourself, your home and your bathroom
- Smudge your body with sage. Ask that the spirit of the sage purify, cleanse and release any unwanted energy from your energy field now. (Make sure to have windows and doors open so that any negative and unwanted energy can be released.)
- Next, smudge your black tourmaline crystals, asking that all impurities and unwanted energies be released from them now. Now, hold all three crystals in your hands and program them by saying: I program these black tourmaline crystals for purification, protection and releasing negativity. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
- Now, smudge your bathroom. Ask that the spirit of the sage purify, cleanse and release any unwanted energy from your space now.
- Fill up the bathtub with water. Add your three black tourmaline crystals, baking soda, coffee bags and sea salt. State out loud your intention for the bath. It could be something like: I release anything that no longer serves me. I release any stuck or blocked energy and all low vibrational energy now.
- Get in your bath and soak for 11 to 21 minutes, submerging your head under the water throughout so you are cleansing every part of your body. Feel free to say prayers, clear your mind and let go of any limiting beliefs while soaking in the water.
- When you are done unplug the drain, and see all your unwanted energy going down the drain.
- Place the three tourmaline crystals outside in the sun to be recharged and energized for 8 hours and throw away the coffee bags.
You may also enjoy How to Remove Negative Energy from your Home with Simple Cleansing Rituals.
- Black Tourmaline
- Protection & Clearing
Heather Askinosie is a crystal expert and leading influencer on the power of crystals, Feng Shui and holistic healing. For nearly 30 years, she has been researching the scientific and spiritual aspects of energy. After studying with the best healers from all over the world, she has used the past three decades of her career to translate ancient wisdom into simple tools that anyone can use to transform their life. In 2000, she co-founded Energy Muse with business partner, Timmi Jandro. Energy Muse provides tools of empowerment and inspiration in the tangible form of jewelry and crystals. Her crystal teachings can be found in her book Crystal Muse: Everyday Rituals to Tune into the Real You as well as mindbodygreen, Well+Good, The Chalkboard Mag, and more. Learn more about Heather at energymuse.com.