People often ask what are the must have crystals to begin their collection. I must admit, over the years, my answer to this question has been pretty much the same. But recently, I have found a new addition: Black Tourmaline.
The must have crystals I always recommend for everyone to have are: Citrine for light and abundance, Quartz Crystal for clarity, Amethyst for spirituality, Hematite for grounding and Onyx to help release negativity. Recently, I have been working with and studying the energy of Black Tourmaline. The more I work with it, the more it has become a favorite stone. Black Tourmaline has a hardness of 7 to 7.5 on the Mohs scale (a diamond being a 10 and the hardest of all stones) and it has a variety of uses:
4 of our Favorite Ways to Use Black Tourmaline
1. Create a Negativity Removal Jar with Black Tourmaline.
Combine the negative energy removing properties of sea salt and black tourmaline with this simple “ritual in a jar” to have your space vibrating at its highest potential.
You will need 1 Mason Jar, 2 TB of sea salt, enough water to fill the jar halfway and 1 piece of black tourmaline. We recommend saging before you do this ritual.
- Draw your blinds, open your windows and pull back all the curtains to allow the maximum amount of fresh air and sun light into your space.
- Sweep and clean your front door – entrance to your home – to keep the energy positive and uplifted.
- Clean your stovetop – this symbolizes your financial and health life.
- Hold your black tourmaline in both your hands and set an intention for the energy of your space.
- Fill your jar halfway with water. Add your black tourmaline and sea salt to your jar.
- Place your Mason jar in a central area of the room you want to clear.
- Leave your jar in place for 24 to 48 hours.
- After this time period has passed, take your crystal out, rinse it and place it outside in the sun for a minimum of 48 hours to clear and recharge it.
- Pour the water mixture into the toilet, flush it and watch all the negative energies go down the toilet.
- Clean your jars and wash your hands.
- Repeat as often as needed.
2. Use Black Tourmaline to absorb Electromagnetic energy.
In todays world, we are surrounded by electromagnetic energy all the time. I always place a plant next to my computers, TV screens and any other electronic that is emitting electromagnetic energy. Starting this week, I have added a piece of Black Tourmaline next to all these devices as well. Black Tourmaline is an amazing absorber of energy. I have noticed that it does not have to be cleansed as often as other stones—even though its working hard to suck up the EMF’s, so our personal energy field does not absorb as much.
3. Energetically grid a room in your home or office by placing Black Tourmaline in the 4 corners of the space.
This black tourmaline grid has the ability to do several things: it grounds the energy of the room, absorbs any toxic and negative energy and seals the room with a protective shield. This is important to do if you feel like negative people keep entering your space and/or accidents and delays keep occurring. This grid of protection assists in balancing out the energy and dispelling any energies of a lower vibration.
4. Wear Black Tourmaline or carry it in your pocket or purse to shield yourself from psychic attacks and energy vampires.
Black Tourmaline is one of the best crystals for protection, making it a powerful way for how to protect yourself from negative energy. It also helps to put an energetic boundary between yourself and others, so that you don’t pick up other people’s energy, then making it your own. Its one thing to be loving, compassionate and caring to others, but its another to make someone else’s energy your own—to the point of making you feel depressed, anxious or left with no energy. Wearing a black tourmaline bracelet daily can help you maintain that boundary!
Clearing and Cleansing Your Black Tourmaline
Once your Black Tourmaline starts to look dull, place it in a glass bowl filled with spring water and add a few drops of Crab Apple Bach Remedy. Let it sit for 24 hours. This process helps to cleanse and clear the Black Tourmaline, so it can get back to work. You can also sage the Black Tourmaline to cleanse it. However, I have noticed this extra step of cleansing with Crab Apple clears the energy at another level. Play around with this additional cleansing method and decide for yourself.
The energy on the planet right now is chaotic and many people feel like they have more things to do than time allows for. Black Tourmaline is directly connected to the root chakra, so when it is in your environment, or on your body, it helps you to feel grounded, protected and secure. Everyone should try working with Black Tourmaline, especially if you desire a little more support in your life.
The energy of crystals assists you in feeling connected to the Earth below our feet. Nature and Mother Earth are the touchstones during these times of change, growth and evolution. Healer heal thyself.