A Daily Space Clearing Practice For Everyone At Home
At a time when we are all doing our best to stay healthy and well, it’s important to remember that your home and environment plays a role. Today, we’re sharing how a daily energy-clearing session for your home can support your overall well-being through this challenging time (plus how to do it!).
Why It Matters:
Just like your home can accumulate a build-up of physical clutter, the energy can build-up and leave your home feeling not-so-good. Usually, we spend much less time at home and it’s harder to notice the energy of your space. But now that we’re all spending a great deal of time in our homes, it’s much easier to feel the effects that our environment can have on our well-being. The old saying “you are what you eat” may not be relevant anymore, but “you are where you sleep” sure rings true right now!
Think of your home like a reflection of your inner environment. If your home is cluttered, low vibe, or busy, you might feel that same way on the inside. That’s where space clearing comes in. The practice of clearing and cleansing the energy of your home helps you refresh your own energy, as well. After you cleanse your house, you can breathe easier and more deeply. You can feel truly at home.
As the energy keeper of your space, a space clearing is one of the most important daily practices you can do. And today, we’re talking you through exactly how to do it.
The Daily Energy Clearing Practice
You may not be able to control much of the outside world, but you can control how your home feels. The first and most important step when addressing the energy of your home is to clear and cleanse the space. Here’s how to clear, cleanse, and uplift the energy of your home, first using sage, and then using sound.
What you'll need:
Part 1: Sage Your Space
In addition to its well-known healing properties, sage also has antimicrobial properties, which makes it a powerful energy tool for purification. Starting the day off with a saging session can help eliminate all unwanted or negative energy and support your physical, mental, and emotional health and wellness.
When saging your home, there’s actually much more to the process than one might think. While burning some sage really quickly before around does clear the energy, the steps below will help you truly get the most out of your saging session.
- Open all the windows and the doors.
- In each room, move anything from the corners into the center of the room.
- Light your sage.
- Say the following "Smudge Prayer," given to us by Bobby Lake-Thom (aka Medicine Grizzly Bear): Great Creator, the four Powers of the Universe, and all my Relations and Good Spirits in Nature. I come before you in a humble manner and ask for your help. The way I understand it, you put this medicine on the Earth from the Beginning of Creation to help Human Beings. This medicine is used to purify our mind, body, soul, aura and environment where I now stand. I therefore ask that you accept this medicine and purify me (or anyone else standing close to me as family and friends). I ask that you remove all bad spirits, all bad forces, all ghosts and deceased people, or any evil entities and negative energies. I ask that you remove all fear, pain and sickness. And do not let them return.
- Starting at the front door, walk around your home clockwise with your sage, assessing the energy. This process helps you develop a deeper connection with your space, so you can learn to “read” the energy.
- As you burn the sage in each room, give a little extra attention to the corners, as this is where energy often builds up.
Part 2: Sound
After you sage your space, it's time to deepen the cleanse and bring in the sound! From bells to singing bowls to sound healing circles to chants, the power of sound has been used as an effective way to shift and enhance energy, especially in a physical space. Through the two steps below, you can use sound vibrations to elevate the energy of your own home on a daily basis. Because each sound carries a different vibration, using a combination of sounds and frequencies helps to address all different energies that may have accumulated.
- Bells: use bells or singing bowls to break up the energy. Start at the bottom toward the floor, and slowly move upward, allowing the vibrations of the singing bowls to break apart any dense or heavy energy.
- Mantras: use our Space Clearing Megahertz Music playlist or your favorite mantras and Megahertz Music to send healing vibrations throughout your space. After you sage your space and ring your sound maker, leave these space clearing mantras on in your space to fully clear any stuck, stagnant or heavy energy.
It may sound like a lot, but this two-part space clearing practice can really make a big impact on how you feel. Remember to take care of your space just as much as you take care of yourself, because they really are one and the same!
- protection & Clearing
Heather Askinosie is a crystal expert and leading influencer on the power of crystals, Feng Shui and holistic healing. For nearly 30 years, she has been researching the scientific and spiritual aspects of energy. After studying with the best healers from all over the world, she has used the past three decades of her career to translate ancient wisdom into simple tools that anyone can use to transform their life. In 2000, she co-founded Energy Muse with business partner, Timmi Jandro. Energy Muse provides tools of empowerment and inspiration in the tangible form of jewelry and crystals. Her crystal teachings can be found in her book Crystal Muse: Everyday Rituals to Tune into the Real You as well as mindbodygreen, Well+Good, The Chalkboard Mag, and more. Learn more about Heather at energymuse.com.