Crystals for New Beginnings: Start Fresh With Crystal Energy
With January right around the corner, New Year’s resolutions are on everyone’s mind. While these resolutions are fun to make, they rarely last throughout the year. That’s where crystals can help you break the pattern. By working with crystals for new beginnings, you are committing to positive—and lasting—change!
Unlock the staying power of your New Year’s resolutions with crystals for new beginnings. These stones are especially suited to get you through those first, temptation-filled 40 days. This time of year is brimming with hope, but hope alone can’t sustain all the lofty goals you’ve set your sights on. Instead of letting your New Year’s resolutions fall through the cracks, use crystals to set an intention for a new beginning.
Setting an intention for a new beginning forces you to get clear on the goal you have for yourself. Instead of musing about your dreams, you can use crystals to bring them into fruition. This practice aligns your spirit and crystal with the energy of your intention. That way, the crystal continues to be a visual and energetic reminder of what you want to accomplish. When you feel yourself swaying back into old habits, connecting with your crystal will help you to get back on track. If you’re ready to start the New Year off inspired by the energy of renewal, these are the crystals for new beginnings that you’ll need!
What you’ll learn:
- The best crystals to wear for new beginnings
- Which crystals to carry for new beginnings
- The crystals for new beginnings that you want in your home
- Plus, how to set an intention with crystals for new beginnings
Wearing Crystals For New Beginnings
Wearing your new beginnings crystals will help you to stay in sync with your intention all day long. No matter what chaos or distractions arise during your day, you can look to your wrist to remember the goals you’re working toward. This reminds you to keep your intention in mind, and constantly look for small ways to improve your life. To do that, we’ve found the crystal combinations in these bracelets work best:
- Fresh Start Bracelet Set: This bracelet is filled with all the rejuvenating energy you need to start fresh. With the clarity that Clear Quartz lends to the mind, you’ll be crystal clear on your intention to create a new beginning for yourself. The Fresh Start Bracelet also includes grounding crystals for willpower, like Prehnite and rhyolite. As the Prehnite fortifies your ambitions with the energy of growth and discipline, the Rhyolite encourages you to focus on the moment, rather than getting caught up on the past.
- Transformation Bracelet: Sometimes, in order to start new, you have to make a transformation. The Transformation Bracelet helps you to see what you need to change, and take the steps to confront that area of your life with a positive attitude. The Obsidian and Amethyst within this bracelet will keep you cleansed of negativity, so that you can make the best possible decisions. Then the motivating energy of Hematite, Copper and Onyx will push you to pursue those changes with confidence and willpower.
- Remover of Obstacles Bracelet: There’s nothing more defeating to a fresh start than being bombarded by challenges. The Remover of Obstacles Bracelet pushes you to move forward and breakdown any barriers that lie between you and your destiny. With Smoky Quartz to help you release the past, Citrine to uplift your spirit, and Rudraksha Seeds to see the everyday miracles within your life, you’ll finally be able to gain momentum in your new beginning.
Carrying Crystals For New Beginnings
Starting fresh can be exhilarating, but it can also be a little uncomfortable. In the effort to create change and develop new habits, you’re leaving behind a lot of things that you had grown accustomed to—even if they weren’t in your best interest. To aid the transition, strengthen your reserve by carrying crystals for new beginnings. Carrying these crystals will help you maintain the confidence, courage and determination you need to follow through with your intentions. Have a crystal for new beginnings on hand so that you’re never far from the motivation energy you need.
Chrysocolla: brings a motivating focus that guides you to abandon negative thought patterns, and make space for positive improvement. One of the best stones for new beginnings, Chrysocolla inspires you to plant the seed for what you want to grow in your life. Whether it’s a creative endeavor or a business idea, Chrysocolla urges you to trust your impulse and go for it.
Black Moonstone: holds the energy of the New Moon and new beginnings. Whether it’s the start of a new project, a new pregnancy or a new intention, this is a wonderful stone to connect with when you need to start anew.
Flower Agate: working with Flower Agate will encourage you to blossom into your fullest potential. Not just a crystal for new beginnings, Flower Agate is a stone of pure transformation and growth that will carry you through the new year.
Rainbow Moonstone: to release worries or doubts that are holding you back, and create a new beginning. Let the calm, cleansing energy of Rainbow Moonstone wash through your spirit, and nourish you with its comforting encouragement.
Set Up Your Space With Crystals for New Beginnings
The more you surround yourself with positive energy, the more likely it is that you’ll see your dreams into realities. Setting crystals for new beginnings throughout your home will create an environment that is conducive to your ambitions. When you need to remind yourself that you are powerful, capable and ready for change, these are the crystals for new beginnings to set in your space.
Golden Healer Quartz: will rejuvenate your sense of motivation, brighten your outlook and open your eyes to new possibilities. This is the perfect stone for bringing your New Year resolutions to life.
Amazonite: is the stone of courage. It promotes confidence and excitement when starting a new chapter in your life. It helps with anxiety, self neglect and mood swings and encourages living a healthy lifestyle.
Candle Quartz: helps you make a wish and believe that it will come true. When you are ready not only wish for more, but wish big, connect with Candle Quartz! It’s the perfect crystal to bring in the New Year with. The clarity and amplification it charges your spirit with help you take on your new beginning with confidence.
Set an Intention For a New Beginning
Once you’ve selected the stone you want to work with, move to a quiet space in your home so that you can set your intention. Setting an intention requires you to identify a shift that you would like to make, and commit to it. Before beginning this practice, get clear on what you want your intention to be. It can be anything about the new beginning that you want to create for yourself. An example of an intention for a new beginning might be: I am ready to begin a new journey. Try to be as specific as possible. The sharper the focus of your intention is, the more clarity you will have in pursuing it.
Then simply follow these steps to Set Your Intention For a New Beginning:
- Hold the crystal or crystal jewelry in the palms of your hands. Give yourself a moment to get in sync with its energy.
- State your intention aloud or in your head 3 times.
- If you plan on having the stone in your space, place it somewhere that can be easily seen a daily reminder of your intention. If you’re carrying or wearing your crystal, keep it on or near your body.
- Golden Healer Quartz
- New Beginnings
Heather Askinosie is a crystal expert and leading influencer on the power of crystals, Feng Shui and holistic healing. For nearly 30 years, she has been researching the scientific and spiritual aspects of energy. After studying with the best healers from all over the world, she has used the past three decades of her career to translate ancient wisdom into simple tools that anyone can use to transform their life. In 2000, she co-founded Energy Muse with business partner, Timmi Jandro. Energy Muse provides tools of empowerment and inspiration in the tangible form of jewelry and crystals. Her crystal teachings can be found in her book Crystal Muse: Everyday Rituals to Tune into the Real You as well as mindbodygreen, Well+Good, The Chalkboard Mag, and more. Learn more about Heather at energymuse.com.