Let’s talk weddings. Months and months go into planning, an immense amount of time and energy is devoted to preparing for the big day, and then in a matter of hours it is over; but in those few hours of pure wedding bliss, you will create memories for you and your partner to hold onto for the rest of life. For the modern day wedding planners who have no doubt been sucked into the Pinterest epidemic of DIY projects galore, planning the perfect bohemian wedding that is on trend but sure to be timeless and classic can be a bit overwhelming. Weddings are a spiritual time in your life and that should be reflected in all of your wedding festivities. For this reason, crystal energy makes a wonderful addition to your experiences as you embark on a love and joy filled journey with your soulmate. Many people have asked about ways to incorporate healing crystals into their wedding celebration and we have six suggestions to make you and your partner’s special day a joyous occasion for yourselves, for your bridal party and for your guests.
1. Have your guests set an intention with crystal energy for you + your partner’s future together.
With the promise of wedding bells ringing in the near future, your engagement party or boho wedding shower is the perfect time to incorporate crystal energy into your celebration. It is always fun to have lighthearted activities, like how well do the bride and groom really know each other, or fun trivia to share with your guests about the how the bride and groom first met, when they shared their first kiss, their favorite memory together, etc…
One way to engage your guests and include them in your new life together is through an intention setting activity with crystals. During the event, gift your guests 2 clear quartz stones—they can be given upon arrival, assorted in gift bags, waiting as place settings, etc. One of the stones will be your gift to the guests for supporting the love between you and your partner. The other clear quartz stone will be used to set an intention for the couple. For a group activity, have your maid of honor explain the concept of setting an intention for you and your partner’s future together. Designate a meaningful bowl for everyone to place his or her programmed stones in. Display the bowl with charged crystals in the center of the living room of your home and this will hold the energy of everyone’s best wishes for you as a couple as you start your new lives together.
2. Gift your bridesmaids crystals to invite more loving energy into their lives.
Your wedding day and pre-wedding festivities are meant to be the most love-filled days of your life. There is so much loving energy surrounding this special day and this adoration is not just focused on you alone as a bride, but also on your bridesmaids who have stood by you on your journey to find love and have shared your happiness upon finding it. Many people are feeling that it is more meaningful for their bachelorette party to have a wellness and self-betterment focused gathering. Having a wellness and love-focused party allows you to give back some of the love your most valued friends have devoted to you during this time.
One way to accomplish this is by gifting your single bridesmaids with the crystal energy of Rose Quartz and your married bridesmaids Moonstone. Rose quartz is a stone of the heart and promotes openness to new love, which makes it perfect for your friends who are still searching for their soulmate. Believed to be the stone of destiny, Moonstone harnesses energy from the moon and the divine feminine, making it the best for encouraging successful fertility for your friends who are happily married and looking to expand their family. Finally, before the end of the party, do a group intention setting together for your “love goals.” In addition to sharing the goals you wish to accomplish for yourself, express your gratitude for those gathered around you on this special occasion.
Co-founder, Heather Askinosie, did this with all her bridesmaids at her wedding, gifting her single bridesmaids a simple rose quartz necklace and her married friends a moonstone necklace. Within a year, all of her bridesmaids who were single were engaged and her married bridesmaids were well on their way to expanding their family!
3. Need something blue? Celestite is the answer.
“Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue” is a tried and true wedding tradition. With something blue in mind, this is a chance for you to get creative and bring this saying to life with a little crystal energy. A Celestite crystal carries high-vibrational, calming powers to uplift your energy and relieve any nervousness before you make you way down the aisle. You can wire it into your wedding bouquet, using a Celestite stone to make a hairpiece, sewing a stone into your dress, or even accessorizing with a dainty jewelry piece. The presence of crystal energy on your big day will kindle harmonious energy allowing you to join hands with your partner and share your vows with confidence.
4. Add a little crystal energy for the perfect bohemian wedding décor.
Incorporating crystals into your wedding décor is a unique way to customize your venue. Focus on the way crystals can add a unique sparkle to your space while simultaneously infusing positive energy into the environment. There are a variety of crystals available to you whose properties have the desired purpose you seek while also being aesthetically appealing. Different ways to use crystals as décor include using them as centerpieces, as bouquet accents, as place settings (they can be the take home gifts), to accent your wedding cake or as wedding favors. Treating your guests with a little crystal energy will uplift their spirits and create a uniquely memorable gift for their home. Here are our top picks for wedding crystals to get you started:
- Calcite Geode Pairs: Whether you choose a large size, like the white calcite geode halves, or the petite size, the mini quartz geode pairs, pairs of geodes make the perfect wedding crystal. They have two halves that fit perfectly together, representing the couple coming together to their new partnership. On an aesthetic level, the tiny crystals that line the geode sparkle and glimmer when they hit the light, resembling diamonds. On an energetic level, the calcite or quartz constantly works to cleanse and clear the energy of your wedding space to increase the flow of positive energy.
- Crystal Clusters: Each crystal cluster radiates immense amounts of positive, loving energy into your wedding space due to their multiple points. The beautiful cluster formations make the perfect wedding centerpieces or accent for around your wedding cake. You can also wire small clear quartz clusters into your wedding bouquet for a little bohemian twist of earth energy.
- Rose Quartz: Rose quartz is the stone of unconditional love and all matters of the heart. It is a must-have crystal on your wedding day. Place raw rose quartz in the bride’s room and around the venue to enhance and amplify the energy of love on this special day. Its energy will surround your guests’ in a bubble of love and positivity. We’d also recommend slipping a 2 rose quartz stones into the bride’s bra or the body of her dress as she walks down the aisle, to open her heart and calm any nerves.
- Tumbled Stones: Treat your guests with a little crystal energy to promote positivity, wellness and abundance in their lives. Tumbled stones make the perfect place settings (as shown above) and take home gifts. Choose stones that match the accent color of your wedding, or take it a step further and choose stones based on the energy they will offer your guests. Each time your guests see their stone in their home, they will be reminded of the loving memory of your wedding day.
5. Create personalized crystal thank you gifts.
Thank yous are an ongoing theme throughout your wedding process—whether it is a thank you to your mother in law for hosting a bridal shower, or a thank you to your wedding planner for planning a magical day you could only have imagined in your dreams—you will be saying thank you to many people who cross your wedding path. Although thank you notes are always thoughtful, tumbled stones and healing crystals can make for the perfect symbol of gratitude. Before sending out your thank you crystals, set an intention of gratitude for each person they are meant for. Paired with a thank you note expressing the intent of your crystal, the friend or family member who receives your gift will not only be extremely appreciative for your thoughtfulness but the crystal energy will also bring positive energy into their lives.
6. Use a crystal to set an intention as a newly married couple.
In order to commemorate your marriage on your wedding night, or some time on your honeymoon, use a crystal to set your intention as a couple at the start of your new life together. Talk about your hopes, dreams, aspirations, etc. and visualize your future. When the honeymoon is over and you return home, place your crystal in your bedroom and let it symbolize the joining of your two lives and your promise to love each other unconditionally.
Ideally, we recommend using a twin crystal. A twin crystal occurs when two crystal points grow from and share the same main body. This crystal formation brings an energy that enhances and assists with building relationships of all kinds. They are the perfect crystal for romantic or soul mate relationships (but they can also be friendships and business relationships). In the case for a newly married couple, this crystal will help to deepen and strengthen your existing relationship. Twin crystals teach us the secrets of soul partnership, and how it is possible for us to fuse with another being without losing one’s own identity or personal power.
By incorporating crystal energy into your wedding festivities and ceremony, you can accomplish the fairy-tale, bohemian wedding of your dreams. The crystals are a unique addition to your day and enhance this exceptionally spiritual time in you and your partner’s lives as you commit yourselves to one another. We hope that your wedding day is as enchanting as the love between you and your partner!
You may also enjoy Heather’s Wedding Bath Ritual with crystals + flowers.