Since ancient times, Jasper has been valued and utilized for its strong healing and grounding powers. Almost every ancient civilization harnessed and utilized the jasper healing properties in some way. Worn by shamans, priests and kings, this healing gemstone was considered sacred and a powerful protection aid. The Ancient Egyptians valued the jasper meaning, using jaspers in their talismans, ritual vessels and jewelry. They carved amulets of Jasper with symbols and descriptions, and then buried them with their mummified remains, as they believed this stone would provide safe passageway to the after life.
Jaspers are the nurturers, the healers and the spirit stones of courage and wisdom. They all carry a strong connection to the Earth’s energy, making the jasper healing properties very beneficial for grounding, stability and strength. Every jasper meaning is unique and special, depending on the type of Jasper you possess.
We have stocked our healing crystal shop with some of our favorite variations of Jasper. Last week, we added two new types of Jasper—Ocean Jasper and Picture Jasper—that we have never carried before. In her crystal energy readings, Heather had noticed that her clients were often drawn to the jasper stones first when asked to choose the stones they were the most attracted to. Because of this, we wanted to make sure we carried many types if Jasper so that you can benefit from their amazing healing energies.
Harness the Jasper Healing Properties
- Ocean Jasper is the ideal stone to use when you are feeling a little down, and need a little uplifting. It brings feelings of joy, happiness and lifted spirits, helping you to release negative feelings and energy so that your confidence can shine through. The ocean jasper healing properties can benefit EVERYONE, and it is honestly a stone that everyone should have in their crystal collection! It is sometimes referred to as cellular jasper because its strong healing energies are believed to act your body on a deep cellular level.
- Picture Jasper carries a very deep connection to the Earth and is often called the Stone of Global Awareness for this aspect. The beautiful “scenes” or “landscape patterns” of its appearance are believed to be messages from ancient civilizations. The picture jasper meaning has made it a widely used crystal for meditation, helping you to merge with the consciousness of earth. It will bring you comfort, nurturing energies and feelings of security to help you release any fear, stress or anxiety you may be feeling.
- Leopard Skin Jasper is a great crystal to use to strengthen your connection with animals—like your pets! It is a very strong self-healing and nurturing stone that helps to further your personal growth. Leopard skin jasper is also wonderful to carry in times of stress, as it will provide you with the tranquility and wholeness that you are looking for.
- Red Jasper gives you a surge of life force energies, enhancing your endurance and stamina. Its energy is similar to adrenaline, waking you up and energizing your body to boost your energy level. The red jasper healing properties encourage a positive and joyful attitude, giving you the motivation to chase after your dreams. It is also said to be especially lucky for actors and actresses, as it helps you manifest creative ideas.
- Yellow Jasper is strongly connected with the energy of the Sun, promoting happiness, joy and positivity. It stimulates and balances your solar plexus chakra to reduce feelings of stress and anxiety. The yellow jasper healing properties help to increase your self-confidence, especially in situations where you are feeling overwhelmed or out of your comfort zone. Carry yellow jasper when you need a boost of energy!
Browse our selection of tumbled stones and let your mind choose for you. You will find that when you are attracted to a certain stone—before reading anything about it—it will contain the healing properties and emotional support that you currently need in your life. And therefore, as your life grows and changes, the stones that you are the most attracted to will as well. Which stones are your favorite right now?