What is petrified wood? A piece of wood that was scared stiff after hearing a twig crack in the middle of a dark, forest night.Okay, so maybe that’s not exactly how it went. Actually, a Petrified Wood Slab was once a living, breathing tree. Over thousands of years, this wood was naturally petrified or fossilized; meaning, all of the organic parts were replaced with minerals and silicon dioxide. All of the markings and patterning in these petrified wood stones are from the original tree’s growth rings and knots. Eventually, all of the wood becomes replaced with Quartz Crystal, and the energies of the wood and quartz naturally merged.
A Petrified Wood Slab is a stone of transformation. It is extremely grounding, healing and protecting. It helps to calm your nerves and fears, and encourages feelings of safety, security and wellbeing. The petrified wood meaning is ideal for meditation, as it helps you to distinguish between what is important and what is not—helping you to stop focusing on things you can’t control and learn to not sweat the small stuff.
Due to the way it is formed, Petrified Wood healing properties are all connected strongly with the energies of the Earth. These stones carry powerful wood and earth energies to help activate and cleanse the root chakra and third eye chakra. For anyone that lives in the city, placing Petrified Wood slabs in your home is a wonderful way to bring the vibration of nature in your home. They are also said to be great stones for business success.
Within the groupings of color, each plate will vary slightly in shape, color, pattern and size, but each one is SO beautiful. Because of the limited supply and high-grade, all sales are final.
How To Use
Here are several different ways to use your petrified wood slab:
1. Create a crystal altar with your slab.
2. Place your crystals atop it to re-infuse and charge them with the energy of the Earth.
3. Meditate with your slab to deepen your connection with earth’s energy. This crystal is connected with the root chakra and third eye.
4. Place on your coffee table to bring the balancing and grounding energy of nature into your space.
To activate your crystals, sit quietly, holding the crystal in both of your hands. Breathe in the highest white light and then visualize your intention for your crystals. You may also say your intention aloud if you would like. The stones are listening and ready to carry your intention.
Cleansing Your Crystals:
Your gemstones will work best when they are cleared and cleansed. So, cleanse and activate them often! Here are some recommended ways to cleanse your crystals:
1. Place your crystals in the soil or branches of a healthy houseplant for 24 hours.
2. Place your crystal outside under the sunlight or the moonlight for at least 4 hours.
3. Steadily hold your crystals in the smoke of a burning Sage stick or Palo Santo stick until they are fully immersed.