Your New Moon Wishes Practice
The New Moon symbolizes new beginnings and a fresh start, making it the ideal time to make wishes and set new intentions. And it's the perfect time to bring back one of our favorite lunar practices: the New Moon Wishes ritual. This New Moon Wishes practice, originally from our book, Crystal Muse: Everyday Rituals to Tune in to the Real You, harnesses the power of crystals, the moon, and written intentions. By writing your wishes down and supercharging them with crystals and the powerful energy of the New Moon, you can direct your energy toward whatever you need most at this time. Whether you choose to set an intention for yourself, your family, or the world at this moment, this practice can help us bring more positive energy into the world through the power of collective intention.
What you’ll need:
- Sage, Frankincense or an alternate cleansing tool
- 1 copy of the New Moon Wishes worksheet (download the PDF below)
- 1 metallic silver pen or marker—silver is linked with the Moon
- 1 blue pen—blue is the color of truth.
- 1 Crystal Point to enhance the power of your intention and direct it into the universe
- 1 Tumbled Stone of your choice to represent the planting of new seeds, wishes, and dreams. Choose one that is aligned with the energy of your intentions (i.e. Rose Quartz for love, Citrine for wealth etc).
- 1 Selenite Moon for supercharging the energy of your crystals and intentions.
- 1 New Moon Crystal Candle for bringing your intentions to life.
- 1 New Moon Crystal Oil Roller for aligning your personal energy with your intention and the new moon energy
Your Practice Steps:
- Sage your space, and cleanse your crystals.
- Hold the crystals in your hands, close your eyes, and take 3 deep breaths. Aloud or in your head, say the following: “I ask that the highest vibration of love and light connect with my highest self to clear all unwanted energy and any previous programming. I command these crystals to hold the intention of my infinite potential. Thank you, thank you, thank you.”
- On the night of the New Moon, grab your New Moon Wishes worksheet, silver pen, blue pen, candle, oil and crystals, and find a comfortable place where you can sit.
- With your silver pen, go over the outline of the circle and the four Moons on your sheet.
- With your blue pen, write up to 10 wishes inside the circle. Start with “Dear _______, [whatever fits with your belief—God, Higher Source, Angels, zero-point energy, or a similar entity].” Then list your wishes. It’s very important to write your wishes within 24 hours of the specific time that the New Moon starts.
- Add your signature and date at the bottom of the sheet as indicated.
- Say “thank you” aloud 3x to emphasize that what you’re asking for already exists in the universe.
- Fold your New Moon Wishes worksheet in half once and then in half a second time.
- Place your wishes in an area where they can remain undisturbed for 28 days, or the entire Moon cycle.
- Place your crystals, including your Selenite Moon, in the center on top of your folded New Moon Wishes worksheet.
- Place your New Moon Crystal Candle near your crystals and New Moon Wishes worksheet. Light your candle each day for the 3 days following the new moon to keep the energy going and harness the full potential of this phase of the moon cycle.
- Leave your New Moon Wishes grid undisturbed for 28 days. At the end of the 28 days on the night before the next New Moon, remove your crystals, and open your sheet. Reflect on your wishes, seeing which ones have manifested and which ones still need time to seed. Transfer those to your next month’s New Moon wishes.
- Cleanse your crystals, and repeat this practice each New Moon cycle.
To enhance your New Moon Wishes Practice even more, apply the New Moon ritual oil to your skin on the new moon and each of the 3 days following the new moon to align your own energy with your intentions and unleash your limitless potential as you manifest throughout the moon cycle.
We hope that this practice helps you maximize the power of the new moon to make wishes during this difficult time. After all, the more people who follow this practice and set positive intentions, the more positive energy we attract at a time when it matters the most.
- Clear Quartz
- New Beginnings
- Rose Quartz
Heather Askinosie is a crystal expert and leading influencer on the power of crystals, Feng Shui and holistic healing. For nearly 30 years, she has been researching the scientific and spiritual aspects of energy. After studying with the best healers from all over the world, she has used the past three decades of her career to translate ancient wisdom into simple tools that anyone can use to transform their life. In 2000, she co-founded Energy Muse with business partner, Timmi Jandro. Energy Muse provides tools of empowerment and inspiration in the tangible form of jewelry and crystals. Her crystal teachings can be found in her book Crystal Muse: Everyday Rituals to Tune into the Real You as well as mindbodygreen, Well+Good, The Chalkboard Mag, and more. Learn more about Heather at energymuse.com.