Carry-on Travel Crystals: The Best Crystals for Travel Protection & Safety
If you have plans to travel this summer (and beyond), you may be overlooking one important item on your packing list: travel crystals! Whether you are traveling near or far, your crystals are ready to support you and make your adventures easier than ever before.
Best Crystals for Travel Protection and Safety
- Black Tourmaline - This powerful protection stone shields you from unwanted or negative energies on your travels. It absorbs negative energy to keep you from taking the hit. Carry Black Tourmaline in your pocket while you travel to prevent unwanted energy from taking a toll on your spirit.
- Moonstone - has long held the reputation as a traveler’s stone because it brightens your spirit and encourages good luck. Moonstone can help to lift your mood whenever you are feeling homesick or fatigued from travel. It is also believed to protect you and your belongings on your journey. Place it in your luggage as you are packing!
- Shungite - Shungite minimizes the harmful effects of EMFs from technology devices around you. This is an especially powerful stone if you are in airports or cars! It emits a protective energy that is especially effective when going through security at airports. This stone helps to limit your exposure of harmful EMFs from scanning systems and technology devices. Shungite also works to ground you in emotional stability
- Lemurian Quartz - We could all use a little extra patience, and Lemurian Quartz can help you find patience as you travel. When delays or unexpected challenges arise, you’ll thank this crystal!
- Chrysoprase - Chrysoprase reminds you to stay present throughout your travels. Instead of letting the past or the future distract you, this crystal helps you live in the now.
- Amethyst - Let’s face it – travel can be stressful! Amethyst has a peaceful and relaxing energy that helps you unwind and find your calm no matter where you or what is going on around you. is one of the best crystals for travel. Known for soothing anxieties and encouraging relaxation, Amethyst urges you to enjoy your adventure. By shielding your spirit from negative energy, Amethyst helps to secure a safe and peaceful journey.
Aquamarine - Helps with fear of flying or traveling over water. This stone has a uniquely powerful effect with paired with water. If you are wanting to attract more travel into your life, especially overseas, wear Aquamarine.
Rhodonite - is the ideal stone for those entering foreign surroundings because it helps to shift your perspective. This way, you can see how your actions are perceived by locals. Make deeper connections with people as you travel and keep yourself energetically protected with the energy of Rhodonite.
Malachite - known as a guardian stone for travelers, works to emphasize the wisdom you need to keep yourself out of danger. If you’re in a negative thought cycle about travel, get a fresh perspective about your trip with Malachite.
Wellness Travel Tips
While some airports are further advanced in the shift toward wellness-inspired travel, most airports are equipped with lounges or quiet business areas. A couple of airports, like Chicago’s O’Hara International and San Francisco International, even provide quiet rooms for yoga and meditation. Getting to the airport early can relieve the anxiety of rushing to make your flight, and with amenities like quiet rooms for yoga, you can remove the sense that you are waiting by amplifying your experience with exercise. In addition to a yoga space, Burlington International in Vermont features a picnic area on its manicured roof where you can soak in some sun while you snack pre-flight. Phoenix Sky Harbor International in Arizona has expanded on the fitness room idea by combining it with an essential Arizona activity—hiking. Their nearly mile long indoor fitness trail exhibits the beautiful Arizona skyline with views of their mountains, parks and preserves. If you’re flying out of an airport without these conveniences, set up a space in a quiet, lesser used gate.
Set Up a Modified “Sacred Space”
It can be overwhelming to have to share a space with so many other travelers, especially when all of the seats at your gate are spoken for and you have to stand until your flight. Instead of feeling herded into a progressively cranky crowd, create a sacred space of your own. Lay down a blanket in a less populated area without a lot of foot traffic. Define this area by setting down things you have brought that represent home to you. A coloring book can be a fun, meditative activity to help you pass the time. Popping off your shoes, and burying your nose in your favorite book is another way to get comfy in an otherwise uncomfortable situation. You can also try placing a few healing crystals in the corner of the blanket to bring you an energy of renewal and ease. Some of the best crystals for traveling are: Selenite, to retain your light and block out negative energy, citrine, for radiating joy, Amethyst, for stress-relief and protection, Moonstone, the “traveler’s stone” for good luck, and Shungite, for protection from energy draining people and x-ray machines. Once set up with snacks, items from home, and a couple of activities, this space will be ideal for shutting your eyes in silent meditation, simple yoga, snacking and relaxing before your flight.
You don’t have to wear sweatpants, but you do have to make sure that what you are wearing is comfortable. Wear shoes you can walk around in and non-wrinkling clothes that you can stretch out and convert easily if you get hot or cold. Bring a blanket that you can sit on if all the seats are taken, or snuggle up in if the airport gets a little chilly.
Bring Essential Oils
Our essential oil rollers pass the airport regulation of no liquids over 3 oz. and will be a life saver in overcrowded gates. Anywhere that has a lot of people in a limited space is going to get a little musky, especially if those people and air around them are staying stagnant. Combat the stagnant air with essential oil. Take a whiff of your citrus oil when you have your spot among the crowd. This will rejuvenate your energy and release a wave joy. Ask for cup of hot water from a coffee and tea vendor in the airport, and pour ten drops of eucalyptus oil in it. Bring the steam up to your face to bask in the revitalizing vapors of eucalyptus. This scent is particularly helpful as a stress reliever, in clearing nasal passages, for cleansing the air, and in combating sinus allergies and colds. Peppermint essential oil is also great for traveling because it can help with beginning headaches. Apply a touch of peppermint oil to the neck or the wrist to re-energize yourself and unclog the sinuses.
Heather Askinosie is a crystal expert and leading influencer on the power of crystals, Feng Shui and holistic healing. For nearly 30 years, she has been researching the scientific and spiritual aspects of energy. After studying with the best healers from all over the world, she has used the past three decades of her career to translate ancient wisdom into simple tools that anyone can use to transform their life. In 2000, she co-founded Energy Muse with business partner, Timmi Jandro. Energy Muse provides tools of empowerment and inspiration in the tangible form of jewelry and crystals. Her crystal teachings can be found in her book Crystal Muse: Everyday Rituals to Tune into the Real You as well as mindbodygreen, Well+Good, The Chalkboard Mag, and more. Learn more about Heather at energymuse.com.