Spring Clean Your Energy with this Spiritual Cleansing Meditation & Energy Checklist
The energy spring time fills us with is much like the name implies; it makes us want to spring back to life. A surge of enthusiasm inspires all sorts of plans. We want to clean, workout, fix up our space, maybe get back into that old hobby we left behind. While this revitalized impulse is a powerful motivator, if we don’t focus that energy into an intention, we can end up squandering it and doing nothing at all. This spiritual cleansing meditation with flowers and crystals is the perfect way to cleanse your spirit of any left over, stagnant energy, and create a transformational spring intention.
What you’ll learn:
- What an active cleansing meditation is.
- How to use flowers to uplift the spirit.
- Why Rose Quartz and Clear Quartz should be your go-to crystals this spring.
This is an active cleansing meditation. That means it is less about the mind mimicking the stillness of the body, and more about focusing on mindful actions. The actions you’ll perform in this meditation are simple, and seemingly mindless movements. But as you focus on the practice, your mind clears of everything else. So any stress or anxiety that has been plaguing you fades into the background.
The peace this brings is enhanced by the flowers and crystals you also work with in this cleansing meditation and spiritual bathing technique to give yourself a blessing. Flowers carry an uplifting energy. They brighten the spirit with joy, and activate both your sense of smell and touch. Using crystals will instill positive light within the soul, while also working to ground your motivation.
Try this spiritual cleansing meditation early in spring to help you to make the most of this energetically charged season!
A Floral Spiritual Cleansing Meditation
What you’ll need:
- a bowl
- a pitcher or bottle filled with water
- a Clear Quartz stone or a Rose Quartz stone (or both!)
- 9 different flowers or herbs – if you can, enhance the energy of this meditation by choosing plants and flowers that are aligned with your intention. Some of our favorites are cherry blossoms for new beginnings, roses for love, daisies for happiness, hydrangeas for destiny, and sunflowers for healing.
- a timer
Spiritual Cleansing Meditation Steps:
- Gather all your “ritual ingredients” in a quiet area where you can remain undisturbed for the 11 minutes.
- The first thing you want to do is program your crystal. Hold it in your hands and ask out loud that they hold the intention to welcome new opportunities with fresh optimism. The intention is yours to make, so alter it to suit your needs and desires.
- Fill your bowl with water.
- Place your crystal in the bowl of water.
- Set a timer for 11 minutes.
- Now comes the active meditation part. Select petals and leaves from the various plants in your assortment, and place them in the bowl. Using your hands, rip the plants into smaller and smaller pieces. Continue this action for the full 11 minutes, adding more petals if you need to. Keep the energy of your intention in mind as you continue to rip in silence.
- When your 11 minutes have finished, remove your hands from the mixture, and again place them over the bowl. Sit quietly for a moment, allowing yourself feel gratitude for these flowers and stones, and the abundant healing energy they have blessed you with. Use one of the leftover stems or leaves to spritz your face and body with the charged water.
- Remove your crystals from the programmed water, and set them on a sacred altar or somewhere that you can easily see each day. These will be your touchstones when you begin to lose sight of your intention, and visual reminders of your goals.
- Take the mixture of charged water, leaves and petals, and bring it either into the bath, the shower, or even outdoors. Pour the water over your head, allowing it to run down over the rest of your body. If you’re in a bath, stay in it and watch as the water flows down the drain. Visualize the water carrying any excess, unwanted energy down with it. Then hop into the shower for a quick rinse of any lingering energy this practice may have drudged up.
Spring Energy Cleansing for Your Space
Your environment plays an important role in how you feel, which is why it is equally important to address your energetic environment and use the change of seasons to refresh your space. After using the cleansing meditation to align your personal energy with the energy of the season, use the Spring Cleansing Energy Checklist to clear the energy of your space and bring in fresh, new energy.
Spring Cleaning Energy Checklist
- Dust the surfaces in your home to remove any dust, which represents stuck or stagnant energy in your space.
- Move 21 objects. This represents transformation, change, and shifts the overall energy of your environment.
- Open all the doors and windows to allow fresh air and fresh energy to flow into your space.
- Burn Dragons Blood Resin to purify your space and remove any dark, unwanted energy.
- Bring in new plants and flowers to represent growth and vitality.
- Place high vibration crystals in your home, such as Clear Quartz, Selenite, Citrine, or any other uplifting and clearing stones. For the best results, place them on windowsills to catch the light from the sun.
- Burn a Good Vibes Crystal Candle to fill your environment with positive energy, high vibrations, and warmth.
- Clear Quartz
- New Beginnings
- Rose Quartz
Heather Askinosie is a crystal expert and leading influencer on the power of crystals, Feng Shui and holistic healing. For nearly 30 years, she has been researching the scientific and spiritual aspects of energy. After studying with the best healers from all over the world, she has used the past three decades of her career to translate ancient wisdom into simple tools that anyone can use to transform their life. In 2000, she co-founded Energy Muse with business partner, Timmi Jandro. Energy Muse provides tools of empowerment and inspiration in the tangible form of jewelry and crystals. Her crystal teachings can be found in her book Crystal Muse: Everyday Rituals to Tune into the Real You as well as mindbodygreen, Well+Good, The Chalkboard Mag, and more. Learn more about Heather at energymuse.com.