The Ultimate Crystal Beauty Routine
Crystal beauty regimens were part of every ancient civilization, and now they’ve made their way into our make up routine as well. Using crystals for beauty not only feels like an at-home spa treatment, but they also provide energetic effects that take our skincare to the next level. Using crystals for beauty is part of our daily skincare routines, and it is a truly magical and refreshing experience.
Ways to Use Crystals for Beauty
1. Make Crystal Beauty Essences
Start by cleansing your crystals with warm filtered water to remove any dirt, then place the clean crystals in a glass bowl and cover them with filtered water. Set the bowl of crystals in the sunlight for a full day to absorb the sun energy. Then you can use the water to wash your face. We love using aquamarine and rose quartz stone for beauty, but you can use any stone that you feel called to use. You can use this same process if you make your own lotions, serums or face mists to infuse your products with the energy of crystals.
2. Give Yourself a Facial Massage with A Gua Sha
Gua Sha facial massagers are used to help boost circulation and lymphatic drainage in your neck and face. Designed with long, smooth surfaces and ridges for deep tissue massage, these crystal beauty tools are perfect for giving yourself a mini-facial right at home. Boosted with the energy of Black Obsidian and Rose Quartz, these unique crystal Gua Sha facial massagers add a touch of cleansing and loving energy to your self-care and beauty routines.
When working with a Gua Sha, it’s important to work from bottom to top, and complete one side of the neck or face before doing the other. This helps to provide a clearer path for lymphatic drainage.
How to Use a Gua Sha:
- Prep your skin with your serum, oil, or moisturizer.
- Apply the flat surface of the Gua Sha to your collar bone on the far left side of your neck. With a small amount of pressure, glide the Gua Sha up toward your jaw, stopping just below your jaw line. Repeat this motion 5 times before moving to the right side. On the right side, glide the Gua Sha up toward your jaw, stopping just below your jaw line. Repeat 5 times. Finally, bring the Gua Sha to the center of your neck, and drag upward toward the bottom of your chin. Repeat 5 times.
- After massaging your entire neck, it’s time to move onto the face. Begin at the center of your chin, and move the Gua Sha out toward your left ear. Repeat 5 times. You’ll then start to move up your face, beginning at the space where your nose meets your left check. Repeat 5 times. Then very gently, place the Gua Sha under your eye and slide it toward your left temple. Finally, bring the Gua Sha to your forehead, starting just above the brow. This time, drag upward toward your hairline. Repeat 5 times.
- Switch to the right side of your face, starting at the center of your chin and dragging out toward your right ear. Repeat 5 times. Move up your face, beginning at the space where your nose meets your right check. Repeat 5 times. Then very gently, place the Gua Sha under your eye and slide it toward your right temple. Finally, bring the Gua Sha to your forehead, starting just above the brow. This time, drag upward toward your hairline. Repeat 5 times.
3. Smooth Tension and Wrinkles with A Jade Roller
Jade rollers have been used for reducing puffiness, improving the immunes system and relieving stress and tension in the facial tissue since ancient China.
How to Use a Jade Roller:
- Start by applying your serum or moisturizer.
- As the serum dissolves into the skin, you’ll want to apply a facial spritz to provide your skin with moisture. This will prevent you from stretching your skin and damaging its elasticity during the jade rolling process.
- It’s important to visualize a vertical line that runs from your forehead to your chest and to not cross that invisibleline during this process. To effectively drain the lymphatic system, which minimizes swelling and puffiness in the skin and improves the look and health of the facial area, you need to encourage the movement of lymphatic fluid in your face towards the ears or the collarbone, which are the two drainage points.
- Start in the middle of your forehead, remembering to treat your face as two halves. Gently glide the roller from the forehead out and down towards the ear. Continue to guide the toxins in your face outwards by massaging each section of your forehead towards the ear. Do not roll back and forth.
- Continue to work your way down your face, remembering to start in the middle and push the roller outwards all the way to the ear.
- When you reach your jawline, push the roller along the jaw, towards the ear and then down towards the collarbone.
- Continue from your jawline down, pushing the roller towards your collarbone.
- Repeat this process on the other side of your face.
4. Give Yourself a Beauty Crystal Facial
Place your favorite healing crystals for beauty on your face where you need to relieve tension. The beauty crystals stimulate the meridian points of the face, which are energy lines that connect to our internal systems. When you touch the crystal beauty stones to these points, it energizes them. It also connects these points on the face to earth energy, something we aren’t often able to do. Lay with the stones on your face for anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour, depending on what you’d like your crystal spa experience to be.
5. Charge Your Beauty and Skin Care Products
Energize your cleanses, moisturizers, and even your Jade roller and Rose Quartz Gua Sha with a crystal plate. Depending on your intention, you can use a Fluorite Plate to infuse your products with peace, or a Rose Quartz Plate to bring more love into your self-care routine. Placing your products on these larger crystals allows the crystal’s energy to charge them up so they are even more powerful when you use them.
Do you have a crystal beauty tip? Share it with us in the comments!
- love & Happiness
- Rose Quartz
Heather Askinosie is a crystal expert and leading influencer on the power of crystals, Feng Shui and holistic healing. For nearly 30 years, she has been researching the scientific and spiritual aspects of energy. After studying with the best healers from all over the world, she has used the past three decades of her career to translate ancient wisdom into simple tools that anyone can use to transform their life. In 2000, she co-founded Energy Muse with business partner, Timmi Jandro. Energy Muse provides tools of empowerment and inspiration in the tangible form of jewelry and crystals. Her crystal teachings can be found in her book Crystal Muse: Everyday Rituals to Tune into the Real You as well as mindbodygreen, Well+Good, The Chalkboard Mag, and more. Learn more about Heather at energymuse.com.