Have you ever tried speaking self affirmations aloud? It’s a popular concept in the language of love to speak loving, doting words to your significant other, and is said to improve and strengthen relationships. If it works in your relationship with others, here at Energy Muse, we say there’s no reason it can’t work in your relationship with yourself! There are some people who will find that speaking words of affirmation is as simple as saying the A,B,C’s. For others, on the other hand, it may be difficult at first to A.) talk to yourself out loud and B.) speak positive, uplifting words that build you up. Too often we find ourselves guilty of tearing ourselves down, saying things like, “I’m not good enough,” or, “I don’t measure up,” and too often we start to believe those toxic thoughts. That is why positive self-talk is a daily ritual one can practice on their own to strengthen the connection one has among their mind, body, and soul. Before starting your new beginnings, make a conscious effort everyday to tell yourself one positive affirmation in order to build your confidence and bring clarity into your life. When finding the right words for you, we suggest determining what it is you want to work on strengthening, whether that is being more open to love, finding happiness, empowering yourself to be more independent, etc. and making that your mantra each day.
Speaking Self Affirmations with Your Crystals
Speaking self affirmations can be done at any time of day most convenient for you. We encourage practicing this simple ritual in the morning in order to start your day off on high vibrations, but this is also a great ritual to be done when you feel surrounded by negative energy, or need a boost of positivity.
- Hold the crystal associated with your intention as you say your self affirmations aloud. Your crystal will hold your intention and stay with you throughout the day, even if it’s not on your conscious mind.
- Take a deep breath in and then exhale slowly. Allow any tension in your body to dissipate before speaking you words of love. Repeat this 3 times.
- When you are fully relaxed, say your chosen phrase out loud to yourself three times—the power of three is universal as it contains a beginning, middle, and end connecting your mind, body, and spirit.
Here are a few of our favorite self affirmations to get you started:
- For Self-Love: I radiate beauty, confidence and grace. Pair this self affirmation with Rose Quartz stone to surround yourself with loving vibrations.
- For Growth: Today, I’m creating a better version of myself. Use an Amethyst crystal to further propel spiritual growth and enlightenment. The amethyst meaning encourages personal growth in all areas, furthering your journey to your highest potential.
- For Being Present: I surrender both my past and my future; I live in the power of now. Hold a Unakite Jasper point while you speak this self affirmation. It’s a stone of leadership and personal power. The unakite meaning unlocks blockages that may have accumulated in your past, leaving you with the space to enjoy the moment you’re in now.
- For Creativity: I always have access to my inner creative spirit. Pair this affirmation with a Carnelian heart to bring our your inner child.
- For Passion: I am creating the career of my dreams in my mind, body and soul. Hold Pyrite for this intention when you need a little encouragement and uplifting when it comes to your career.
- For Happiness: I radiate happiness and positive energy. Combine this affirmation with the sun-filled energy of Citrine or Yellow Jasper. The yellow jasper and citrine meaning balance your solar plexus chakra to leave your willpower and belief in yourself at an all time high.
- For Strength: My mind, body, and soul are energized. Magnify this intention with Quartz crystal to unify your mind, body and soul all day long.
As summer comes to a close we begin realize that no doubt, change is in the air. This time period marks the dawn of a new era for you. A fresh start to redefine yourself, set new goals, and reach new highs. For anyone still in school, the first day is an especially anxious time as you cross paths with new and old faces as well as begin an intellectual journey through an array of diverse classes. Perhaps, school is a thing of the past and you are starting a new beginning in your post-grad life. Whether you’ve landed your first job, or you’re still testing the waters to see which temperature feels best to you, this period of time can be both exciting and to some extent unsettling. Oftentimes, new beginnings can be nerve-wracking due to the element of uncertainty they bring into your life. Nevertheless, the nervous feeling you have accumulated can also be one of excitement and anticipation as you begin to make plans, set your intentions for the year, and prepare for what comes next. Whichever step you’re about to take, it’s important that your first stride be one of confidence and determination. We say there’s no better way to build yourself up than with a little motivation with self affirmations to start your day off on a high note.