Mala beads are very powerful tools to use in your meditation or yoga practice and to connect you with your spirituality through everyday wear. The Serenity Mala Necklace is made with 108 Blue Agate beads and 1 Amazonite bead as the 109th bead; this bead represents gratitude, enlightenment and our connection with the divine. Blue Agate helps us to heal on all levels; physically, mentally and emotionally. It is very soothing and calming, helping to soothe anxiety and relieve stress. It is also very cleansing and regenerating for the throat chakra, facilitating clear communication and self-expression. Blue Agate encourages truth, openness and honesty. Amazonite awakens compassion within your heart, encouraging you to live and express your true self from a place of love.
First created in India over 3000 years ago, mala beads have been worn for thousands of years by yogis and spiritual seekers from all over the world. Pre-dating the rosary, the history of mala beads is rooted in Hinduism, Buddhism, Tibetan culture and yoga, as it is an ancient modality used for prayer, meditation and ultimately, for a focused intention. The word mala in Sanskrit means meditation garland, and originally, mala beads were used in a special style of meditation called Japa, which means to recite.
Traditionally, mala necklaces have 108 beads. Why 108? The number 108 is a very auspicious and spiritually significant number, and there’s a reason why. Throughout history, the number 108 has held multi-dimensional meaning, manifesting itself in our universe in many more ways than we realize:
- Sun and the Earth: The diameter of the Sun is 108x the diameter of the Earth. The distance from the Sun to the Earth is 108x the diameter of the Sun.
- Heart Chakra: Chakras are the intersections of energy lines, and there are said to be a total of 108 energy lines converging to form the heart chakra. One of them, the sushumna, leads to the crown chakra, and is said to be the path to self-realization.
- 1, 0, and 8: Many believe that the number 1 stands for God, or the higher truth, 0 stands for completeness in spiritual practice, and 8 stands for infinity.
- Desires: There are said to be 108 earthly desires.
- Goddess Names: There are said to be 108 Indian goddess names.
- Planets and Houses: In astrology, there are 12 houses and 9 planets. 12 x 9 = 108.
- Stages of the Soul: Said at Atman, the human soul, or center, goes through 108 stages on its journey.
Mantra for Serenity & Contentment: OM SHANTI OM
The Serenity Mala Necklace is made with 108 8mm faceted Blue Agate beads and 1 10mm faceted Amazonite bead. Due to the nature of the crystals, all beads will differ slightly in shape, size, color and pattern. Because of the tassel, and thread used to string the necklace, we do not recommend getting your necklace wet.
Write Your Own Review
Blessings • Connection • SupportMade with Angelite, Aquamarine, Chevron Amethyst and Copper, the Attract Angels Bracelet connects you to your angels to surround you with blessings. Wear this bracelet to feel supported, guided and connected with the angelic realm. If you’re feeling…
Truth • Stress Relief • CalmIf a clog if your throat chakra is holding you back, use the soothing energy of Blue Lace Agate Tumbled Stone to speak your truth. Working with it helps you to shed any stress to embody a calmer state of mind. Allow it to melt away any fear or anxiety, and…
Inspiration • Ambition • PassionYour appetite for life, creative endeavors and passionate pursuits will feel nearly insatiable when introduced to the inspirational energy of Blue Apatite Tumbled Stone. Let this inspiration awaken new ambitions and inspire action. Working with it…