Black and white crystals represent the opposite ends of the color and energetic spectrum. Black crystals represent the yang energy of power, protection, control, knowledge and masculinity. White crystals represent the yin energy of softness, gentleness, higher power and femininity. When paired together, they create overall balance and harmony within a space. Harnessing the power of black and white gemstones, like combining shungite and selenite, can transform your living environment into a high-vibe oasis of crystal energy. Explore the energy of these healing crystals and find the combination that’s right for you!
Black Crystals for Space Clearing, Energetic Protection & Security
Black is actually the absence of all color, and is associated with the energies of power, protection and elegance. Although it is associated with death in many cultures, we like to view it like the Native Americans do. They believe that since it’s the color of Earth’s soil, which gives life, it is a color to be valued, and therefore value many black stones, such as obsidian.
Black crystals, such as black tourmaline, shungite and onyx, are some of our favorite crystals to have in our space because they provide energetic protection. The protective and space clearing qualities that black gemstones possess make them essential to have in your space. They are must-have crystals to interact with on a day to day basis.
- Black Tourmaline is one of our favorite black crystals; one that everyone needs in their home, office and sacred space. It is one of the most powerful crystals for protection and for eliminating negative energy. Place a piece of black tourmaline in each of the four corners or your room (or of your property) to create an energetic shield of protection around your space. Its energy seals in the energy of your space to prevent negative energy from permeating your space.
- We are not exaggerating at all when we say Shungite is our latest crystal obsession. Of all the black crystals, it is the ultimate crystal for EMF protection, physical healing and root chakra balancing. When you place it in your space, it balances and regulates the energy field, correcting any imbalances and eliminating any negative, harmful or electromagnetic energy. Keep shungite on the back of your cell phone and by all your electronic devices for electromagnetic protection and to healing any electro-sensitivity. Do not underestimate the shungite properties; they will constantly work to detox your mind, body and spirit until everything is brought back into balance. Many healers have told us “shungite is not for sissies,” and that is true 100%!
- Black Onyx absorbs and transforms negative energy while also preventing the draining of your personal energy supply. When you work with it, holding and meditating with an onyx stone in each hand, its energy facilitates the release of negative emotions, such as stress, anxiety, fear, anger and depression. It is also a wonderful stone to work with when you’re trying to change and overcome any bad habits.
- In addition to space clearing, Black Kyanite encourages you to let go of anything no longer aligned with your highest good. Do you find yourself being drained by a particular person, attachment or relationship? Then you have a few energy links, or “cords,” you need to cut. Black Kyanite helps you to release the dysfunctional parts of your relationships and attachments, the ones that are no longer serving your purpose. Working with this energy will help you to detach from self-limiting patterns or unhealthy relationships so that you can move forward.
White Crystals for Clarity, Purifying & New Beginnings
White is the manifestation of the presence of all colors, the complete energy of light. It represents wholeness, openness, clarity and truth. White stones are said to be aligned with the energy of the Moon and possess serene yin energy.
White crystals, like clear quartz, selenite and moonstone, provide us with mental clarity and amplify the properties of other crystals in our space, making them essential to everyone’s crystal tool-kit. They emanate purifying and calming energies to create a high vibrational space for spiritual healing to reside. White gemstones bring a lightness and uplifting quality to your space. You will feel the energetic shift when you work with their energy — we certainly do!
- Quartz crystals are one of the most versatile crystals to work with, as they can do so much for your mind, body and spirit. They have a unique relationship with the human body in that they both are made up of silicon dioxide, a compound that attracts energy and fuels communication. Quartz crystals raise and amplify the energy of any other healing crystals it comes into contact with, as well as the energy of the space they reside in. Clear quartz can also be programmed to hold your specific intention, so that it is constantly being put out into the universe. Use quartz crystal points in your body layouts to direct healing energy.
- If you don’t already have them in your crystal collection, selenite crystals are a definite must for your tool kit. Selenite unblocks any stuck or stagnant energy in your body or environment to restore a healthy flow of positive energy. It is the most powerful crystal for energy clearing and cleansing, especially for your personal energy field. Simply hold it in your hand, and “comb” it up and down your body to unblock any stuck energy and eliminate any negative energy. Place it on the windowsills of your home to clear, protect and shield the energy of your home. It is also a crystal ghostbuster!
- As its name suggests, Moonstone is strongly connected with the energy of the Moon and said to be the stone of destiny. For women, it is said that moonstone can bring our their feminine power and strengthen their connection with their inner goddess. It is one of the best crystals for fertility for women, helping to align you with your own natural rhythm to help you get pregnant. For men, it allows them to express their more feminine side, which is essential to wholeness.
Black and White Crystals to Create Harmony within Your Space
Just like with the sun and the moon or the female and male energies, black and white are opposite in nature. Without dark, there can be no light and vise versa. Having both the dark and the light naturally exist in black and white stones provides us with the duality we need to maintain balance in our lives. They represent the balance between yin and yang energies, bringing about wholeness and harmony in your space.
- Tourmalinated quartz combines the energies of clear quartz and black tourmaline to deflect negative energy. It is a powerful good luck charm that works to constantly clear out any “bad vibes.”
- As one of our newer crystals, Zebra Jasper possesses a balanced energy, uniting the yin and yang dynamic. It works to restore optimism in your life, despite any stress or obstacles you may be encountering. Connecting with its energy also encourages you to see the good in any “bad” situation and recognize the “bad” within the good.
- Pinolith facilitates the release of any resistance or blocks in your inner soul to motivate you to embrace life from a place of serenity. Its energy reminds us that life itself is a spiritual experience, and that we can see small miracles in even the mundane things life has to offer us.
- The movement and patterns within Dalmatian Jasper help to break down barriers that you have created around yourself to propel you forward in life. Its energy connects you with your inner child to promote positivity, happiness and joy.
There are no right or wrong white and black crystals to have in your space. You may choose to have more black than white or white than black. Whether you choose to combine solely black crystals with solely white crystals or have a mixed crystal that represents both polarities, they combination will bring balancing and harmonizing energies to your space. Create a black and white crystal grid or try a crystal meditation with one black stone and one white stone in either hand. Experiment with the different energies and find the perfect personal formula for you!