As we move into Spring, we are getting closer and closer to smoothie season–although we like to enjoy fresh smoothies all throughout the year here in California. Check out this delicious Tropical Smoothie recipe from our friends at Curry Girls Kitchen!
- 1 Orange, seedless and cut up
- half a banana, diced (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup mango, diced (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp flax seeds, fresh ground*
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- handful of ice cubes (a little more if you are using all fresh fruit)
Place all these yummy ingredients into your blender and blend for 1 to 2 minutes on high. The longer you blend it for, the creamier the consistency will be! Check out their original recipe post here and watch the Curry Girls’ recipe video below:
* If you are NOT using a Vitamix blender, grind your flax seeds separately first, using a coffee grinder or other seed grinder.