End 2019 with These New Year’s Eve Rituals
2019 is winding down, but before you celebrate the end of the year, it’s important to make time for some very important New Year’s Eve rituals. Spending a little extra time now will go a long way for you in the year to come!
The last days before a new year is a time to wrap up any unfinished business, tie up loose ends, and shut the door on things from the past. So, in the spirit of ending the year, we’ve created an energy checklist to ensure you are ready for 2020.
Complete Your Energy Chores
- Clean your house! Sweep your space to rid your home of any accumulated energy.
- Change your sheets. This gesture allows you to physically and symbolically clear the energy of your bed, where you spend a great deal of time!
- Pay off your bills (as many as you can). That way you can start fresh in the financial arena in 2020.
- Complete any unfinished projects. Have you been procrastinating or putting anything on-hold? Are there still items on your to-do list? Now is the time to complete your personal or professional projects.
- Gain energetic closure. While you may not be able to hash out every argument or miscommunication, you can find closure on your end. Allow yourself to find forgiveness for yourself and others so you can move on and leave the emotional baggage behind.
Say Goodbye To 2019 With A Crystal Practice
Now that you’ve set the stage for the new year, there’s just one final crystal practice left. For this end-of-year crystal ritual, you’ll need one crystal of your choice. You’ll be offering this crystal back to the Earth, so we recommend choosing one you are ready to part ways with.
Step 1: Set an intention for your crystal. Visualize it holding anything that you want to leave behind in 2019. Let your crystal absorb anything you need to release so you can have a clean slate in 2020.
Step 2: Release your crystal. This symbolic gesture lets the universe know you are ready to let go and move on. Leave the past in the past and get ready for all that the future has in store for you. By leaving your crystal behind, you are also leaving behind anything that no longer serves you.
There are a couple different ways you can offer your crystal back to the Earth. If you live near a body of water, you can throw your crystal into the water. You can also bury your crystal in the dirt, either outside in nature or even if you have a house plant.
As you say goodbye to your crystal, remember to say goodbye to 2019 and the past decade. Now you are officially ready for the new year!
- New Beginnings
Heather Askinosie is a crystal expert and leading influencer on the power of crystals, Feng Shui and holistic healing. For nearly 30 years, she has been researching the scientific and spiritual aspects of energy. After studying with the best healers from all over the world, she has used the past three decades of her career to translate ancient wisdom into simple tools that anyone can use to transform their life. In 2000, she co-founded Energy Muse with business partner, Timmi Jandro. Energy Muse provides tools of empowerment and inspiration in the tangible form of jewelry and crystals. Her crystal teachings can be found in her book Crystal Muse: Everyday Rituals to Tune into the Real You as well as mindbodygreen, Well+Good, The Chalkboard Mag, and more. Learn more about Heather at energymuse.com.