How to Work with the Moon Cycle for Love
Are you ready to manifest love in 2021? From new relationships to deeper connections with a partner or those around you, the energy of the universe can support your intentions. Bringing together the power of crystals and lunar cycles, this 28-day crystal practice will teach you how to use the phases of the moon to maximize love in your life.
Starting on the new moon and culminating on the day before the following new moon, our 28-day moon ritual will teach you how to work with Rhodonite and Moonstone, plus other moon-themed energy tools, to break through limiting beliefs and call in the love you want.
The Best Crystals for Each Lunar Phase
The first part of the practice incorporates Rhodonite into a daily crystal practice. The combination of pink and black within a Rhodonite crystal represent both the softer and darker energies contained within your heart. This crystal represents both your capacity for love and positivity and your capacity for self-limiting or self-sabotaging behaviors. By helping you clear away the darker energies within your heart, Rhodonite supports enhanced love and positive energy in your life.
The practice also incorporates Moonstone, the crystal that holds the energy of the moon. A Moonstone crystal represents illumination and luminescence, which help you to harness the light and power of the full moon, when the moon is at its brightest.
To enhance the power of your crystals and intentions, this 28-day ritual also features energy tools During the new moon period, you will use your New Moon Oil and New Moon Candle. During the full moon period, you will use the Full Moon Oil and Full Moon Candle. During your daily practice, you can use the Moon Mist to open up the energy of your space and set the tone for your practice.
A 28-Day Moon Ritual for Love
In order to follow the phases of the moon, this practice starts on the new moon and ends before the next month’s new moon. For this crystal practice, you’ll need one of each crystal (Rhodonite and Moonstone) plus one of each of the following moon tools: Moon Mist, New Moon Oil, New Moon Candle, Full Moon Oil and Full Moon Candle.
Step 1: The New Moon
The new moon represents the beginning of the cycle, and it is a chance to set new intentions. To harness the new moon energy, follow this mini-ritual:
- Light your New Moon Crystal Candle to ignite your intentions with the energy of the new moon.
- Program your Rhodonite crystal with your intention. Choose one word to represent what you want to bring in, and one word to represent what you want to release. For example, you could choose “allow” to represent allowing more love in your life, and “non-worthiness” to represent releasing any feelings of unworthiness.
- Roll your New Moon Crystal Oil onto your crystal and your skin (over your heart, on both ankles and on the soles of your feet) to activate your intentions and plug into the energy of the new moon.
Step 2: Your Daily Practice
After your new moon mini-ritual, this daily practice will allow you to keep the energy of your intentions going until the full moon. Each day, start by spritzing the Moon Mist around your body and space to set the tone for your daily practice. Then, hold your Rhodonite crystal in front of you and envision the emotions or energy that you want to release leaving your energy field and being dispersed into the universe. Next, hold your crystal in front of you and envision it holding the energy you want to bring in. Place the crystal over your heart for an infusion of that intention. Repeat this practice daily until the full moon.
Step 3: The Full Moon
The full moon represents the moon at its fullest and brightest. This part of the moon cycle is a chance to activate and energize your intentions to bring them to full fruition. To harness the energy of the full moon, follow this mini-ritual:
- Light your Full Moon Crystal Candle to ignite your intentions with the energy of the full moon.
- Hold Moonstone and Rhodonite in each hand. Play around with which crystal feels better in which hand! If you are able, go outside under the moon. If you are not able, stand near a window. With one crystal in each hand, ask yourself, what do I want to illuminate? What do I want to maximize? Use the power of the moon at its highest potential to bring to light your intentions for love.
- Roll your Full Moon Crystal Oil onto your crystals and your skin (over your heart, on the crown of your head and on the palms of your hands) to maximize the energetic potential of your crystals, intentions and your own energetic power.
Step 4: Return to Your Daily Practice
From the full moon until the following new moon, repeat your daily practice from Part 2 with your Moon Mist and Rhodonite crystal to continue releasing and manifesting.
Once you’ve completed the full practice following the moon cycle, you can repeat the practice all over again! Each new moon offers a new chance to set intentions, whether your intentions are a continuation from the previous lunar cycle or brand new. Remember, when working with the moon for love (or any intention), use the mid-way mark of the full moon as a chance to shed light on your goals and maximize your potential.
- Love & Happiness
Heather Askinosie is a crystal expert and leading influencer on the power of crystals, Feng Shui and holistic healing. For nearly 30 years, she has been researching the scientific and spiritual aspects of energy. After studying with the best healers from all over the world, she has used the past three decades of her career to translate ancient wisdom into simple tools that anyone can use to transform their life. In 2000, she co-founded Energy Muse with business partner, Timmi Jandro. Energy Muse provides tools of empowerment and inspiration in the tangible form of jewelry and crystals. Her crystal teachings can be found in her book Crystal Muse: Everyday Rituals to Tune into the Real You as well as mindbodygreen, Well+Good, The Chalkboard Mag, and more. Learn more about Heather at energymuse.com.