Getting a good night’s rest is essential for a productive day, filled with thinking, learning and taking action. A lack of sleep can actually hurt these processes by decreasing your alertness, attention span, concentration, logical reasoning and problem solving capabilities. All these things are needed in order for you to live your life to its full potential.
Many of us struggle with insomnia and falling asleep, and are constantly searching for solutions on how to fall asleep faster and natural remedies for insomnia. Here are a few tips for easy ways to fall asleep, guaranteed to help you learn how to fall asleep faster:
- Increase your exposure to sunlight: Try to spend more time outside during the day! Take a break from your work and get up from your desk to take a walk in the sunlight. Expose yourself to as much natural light as possible throughout the day.
- Get movement into your day: Aim to exercise for a minimum of 30 minutes a day. It doesn’t always have to be an intense, sweat-filled workout either! Take your dog for a short walk or practice a few yoga poses at home. Simple movement will do the trick just fine!
- Relax and practice some deep breathing: When you first get into bed, take 5-10 deep breaths to clear your mind and relax your body. Let all the tension out of every muscle in your body and erase all the stress from the day from your mind.
- Place healing crystals under your pillow or next to your bed: Crystals are just one of the wonderful natural remedies for insomnia and sleep problems. Many of us tend to stress about falling asleep, because we know what a struggle it can be sometimes. Amethyst and Quartz Crystal are both powerful crystals that can help relax and calm the mind, preparing you for sleep. Quartz Crystal also helps to ensure that you will have nice dreams while you are sleeping. Selenite is a wonderful crystal that helps to ready your body for sleep, allowing for a deep, refreshing sleep. It helps to battle insomnia and surrounds you with protective energy while you are asleep. Place these crystals under your pillow or next to your bed on your nightstand for an easy, natural way to fall asleep.
- Try using pure Lavender Essential Oil: Research shows that the scent of lavender eases anxiety and insomnia. In one study done at Britain’s University of Southampton, researchers tracked the sleep patterns of 10 adults. For a week, half of the participants slept in a room where lavender essential oil was diffused into the air throughout the night, the rest sleep in a similar room where a placebo–sweet almond oil–was released. After a week, the groups switched rooms. At the end of the study, the volunteers ranked the quality of their sleep 20% better on average in the lavender-scented room. (from Prevention.com) Try sprinkling a few drops of Lavender Essential Oil on a piece of tissue or fabric, and tuck it under your pillow before you go to sleep.
Have any other tips on how to fall asleep faster? Comment on this post and share them with us!