Crystallize Your Self Care Routine
As an adult, you’ve got a lot to take care of. Between things to take care of at work and things to take care of at home, we’re often left with little time or consideration for how we can care for ourselves. Worse yet, when we actually do have the time to take care of our own needs, we avoid it. Our work-obsessed culture has trained us to believe that taking care of yourself is selfish. What this mentality ignores is how inevitable breaks are. Whether you want to take a break or not, your mind will make sure it gets one—it’s up to you to decide if that will be a restorative, self care break, or an exhaustion-induced, mental breakdown.
When you look at it from that perspective, self care is more about prevention than indulgence. Always placing your self care routine at the bottom of your to-do list is an easy way to ensure that everything you check off before it is done less impeccably than it could have been. Just as you don’t operate the same if you haven’t eaten or gotten a full night’s sleep, you’ll under perform every task you attempt if you don’t satisfy your self-care needs first. To enhance all areas of your life, from your work to your relationships, make time for this crystallized self care routine at least once a week.
Taking Your Self Care Routine to the Next Level with Crystals
Timeframe: 30 minutes
A Crystallized Bath for Self Care
What you need:
- a sage cleansing set to ensure the energy is clear
- 1 piece of Rose Quartz – it can be a chunk of Raw Rose Quartz, a Rose Quartz stone or whatever you have in your collection
- A candle
- 1 Pink Kunzite crystal to open your heart and fill your being with self-love and acceptance
- 1 Stilbite crystal to open your sacral chakra and reestablish your connection with passion and pleasure
- 1 Raw Morganite crystal to heal and balance your overall body
Self Care Routine Bath Steps:
- Clear and cleanse the energy of your bathroom, yourself and your crystals with the smoke of a burning sage stick.
- On the edge of your bath tub, or next to your sink, place your rose quartz next to your candle. Light your candle with the intention that you are allowing yourself 30 minutes for self care, self love and self pampering.
- Fill your bath. Add any other things to personalize your bath (essential oils, bath salts, calming music etc).
- Before you get in your bath, grab your Kunzite, Stilbite and Morganite, and place them on the edge of your tub so they are easily accesible. (You can also do this ritual with just one of these crystals if you’d like, but we find the best results with all three!)
- Place your Stilbite over your sacral chakra, your Kunzite over your heart chakra and your Morganite in your right hand.
- Stilbite opens up your creative energy, passion and pleasure, reconnecting you to all these things. It helps you to let go of past programming and transform into a habit of allowing yourself to take care of yourself. It encourages you to shift to making caring for yourself a passionate part of your life, one where self care is the new norm.
- Kunzite is a stone of emotion. It helps you to open up, heal and honor your feelings. When you completely open your sacral chakra of pleasure and your heart chakra of love, it helps you to feel more passionate and loving for not only others, but yourself, which is of vital importance.
- Morganite is very healing and balancing for the overall body. It reflects the light of the heart, infusing your energy body with love and light.
- Close your eyes, and allow yourself to relax.
- Soak in your bath for 3o minutes. Take this time to reflect on how to take better care of yourself. The more you take care of yourself, the more you have to give to others. Make yourself a priority in your own life!
- Once you’ve finished your bath, cleanse your crystals so they are ready for your next self care routine.
Bathing with crystals not your thing? Don’t worry! Grab your favorite sheet mask (or face mask), crystals and try this modified self care routine:
Timeframe: 20 – 30 minutes
What you’ll need: All the items above + your favorite face mask
- Find a comfortable place where you can lie flat on your back (your bed, yoga mat, couch etc). Clear and cleanse the energy of your space, yourself and your crystals with the smoke of a burning sage stick.
- Place your rose quartz next to your candle in a safe space. Light your candle with the intention that you are allowing yourself this time for self care, self love and self pampering.
- Put your face mask on. You can even try a crystal facial grid!
- Do steps 4 through 6 from the ritual above.
- Allow yourself to take this time to reflect on how to take better care of yourself. What can you shift to make yourself a priority in your own life!
- Once you’ve finished, wash your face mask off. Cleanse your crystals and place them in a safe place so they are ready for the next time you want to harness their energy.
- Health & Wellness
- Rose Quartz
Heather Askinosie is a crystal expert and leading influencer on the power of crystals, Feng Shui and holistic healing. For nearly 30 years, she has been researching the scientific and spiritual aspects of energy. After studying with the best healers from all over the world, she has used the past three decades of her career to translate ancient wisdom into simple tools that anyone can use to transform their life. In 2000, she co-founded Energy Muse with business partner, Timmi Jandro. Energy Muse provides tools of empowerment and inspiration in the tangible form of jewelry and crystals. Her crystal teachings can be found in her book Crystal Muse: Everyday Rituals to Tune into the Real You as well as mindbodygreen, Well+Good, The Chalkboard Mag, and more. Learn more about Heather at energymuse.com.