The holiday season tends to be full of joy and good tidings all around, but it can also lead to a lot of stress. There is a sense of urgency to make time to buy gifts, set up decorations, go to or host a holiday party, cook & follow other traditions on top of your everyday activities of work, errands & play. The tendency to be “on-the-go” allows you to easily feel off-balance, which is why it’s especially important to find ways to balance your chakras during the holidays.
You may already know that there are 7 chakras in the body, and that even when you are not moving or sleeping, these chakras are constantly churning energy from your spine to the top of your head. In order to locate each chakra, we recommend using a chakra chart, but here is a general idea of their location:
- Root Chakra: Located at the base of the spine, the root chakra is connected to physical activity, confidence and a sense of grounding.
- Sacral Chakra: This chakra is linked with passion and personal power, and is located in the lower abdomen, close to the spleen.
- Solar Plexus Chakra: This chakra is connected to the upper abdomen, and has a strong connection to your sense of courage, honor and compassion.
- Heart Chakra: The heart chakra is located in the middle of your chest, and is connected to your feelings, particularly love.
- Throat Chakra: The throat chakra is located at the throat, and promotes open communication and self-expression.
- Third Eye Chakra: Right in-between your eyebrows, the third eye chakra is where your sense of intuition, guidance and realization reside.
- Crown Chakra: Located at the top of your head, the crown chakra allows energy distribution to engage in deep thought and spirituality.
Each chakra also has corresponding colors that happen to be in the same order as the rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green (or pink), blue, indigo, and purple (or white). A chakra chart uses these colors to show the alignment of the chakras while also showing the color of the corresponding chakra crystals you can use when you desire to revitalize, align and cleanse your chakras.
If you have not tried to mediate with chakra crystals before, never fear: not only do we offer every crystal you need, but we have a few tips as well. You can begin your chakra cleansing with our Chakra Healing Stones, containing Smoky Quartz, Carnelian, Citrine, Aventurine, Sodalite, Amethyst and Quartz Crystal to place where your chakra is located. You can read our Chakra Crystal Cleansing blog to find one way to open and activate the chakra healing process while you mediate. And if you want some more guidance, you can listen to our Guided Chakra Meditation to focus on being mindful about your cleansing. If you’re looking to dive deeper into chakra healing, browse through all of our chakra blog posts.
During the holidays, keep your chakra chart, charka crystals and chakra jewelry nearby so you can be reminded to remain balanced. That way, you can truly enjoy the holiday season as you get ready to enter a new year with your friends and loved ones by your side.