Just as wolves howl, when a full moon graces the sky, our spirit is awakened. We may not howl, but it’s long been thought that full moons have an impact on our mental and physical wellbeing. Fitting when we consider the origins of the term “lunatic.” We all get a little riled up around the full moon. Instead of howling, we can dispel some of the excess energy and get in tune with ourselves using a self reflection ritual. Full moon rituals help us to connect to celestial energy and go deeper within us. The moon’s powerful sway urges us to take action. It can be positive or negative, depending on your state of mind, which you can control!
As we move into the new year, we are moving out of a 9 year cycle and into a 1 year cycle. Many people are feeling split or divided, being that there are many endings happening around them – whether it be break ups, previous patterns or thought forms. This is the last full moon of the year, a time to bring it back to wholeness and connect with all the dimensions within your self. Connect with all aspects of yourself so you can walk solidly into the new year. Tonight, bask in the light of the moon, take a moment to thank the sky and the earth for all they give to you and begin this dynamic self reflection ritual to release what no longer serves you before 2017.
Self Reflection Crystal Ritual
What you’ll need:
- 1 sage cleansing set or clearing tools of your choice.
- 1 Amethyst Crystal (we’re loving these Uruguayan Amethyst Clusters)
- a blanket or pillow to sit on outside
Self Reflection Ritual Steps: This crystal ritual can be done during any full moon.
- Sage yourself, and cleanse crystal with your preferred clearing method.
- Gather your Amethyst, blanket and/or pillow and find a comfortable place to sit outside under the full moon.
- Close your eyes, and hold your Amethyst to your heart. Pull in the energy of the Violet Flame. Visualize what you want to transmute and transform into light before the start of the new year.
- Basking in the full moonlight, state out loud: I take all the shadow parts and darkness that no longer serves me and transform them to a higher level. It’s now time to transform them into light.
- Without judgment, reflect on the darkness from this year. Be specific. What did you learn from it? How did you grow from it? You can do this by journaling, meditating or simply sitting in self reflection.
- After you’ve finished, open your eyes. Let the light of the moon empower you. Know that you can make a difference in the world by making this shift in your own life.