Feng Shui is an ancient art and science, developed over 3,000 years ago in China. It is a complex body of knowledge that reveals how to balance the energies of a given space. This energy balance creates good health and good fortune for the people living in the space. Feng means wind and Shui means water. In Chinese culture, wind and water are associated with good health, thus good feng shui came to mean good fortune, which bad feng shui came to mean bad luck and misfortune.
Do you ever feel like the energy in your home is stuck? This 10-minute Feng Shui Home Energy Makeover created by Dana Claudat incorporates eleven feng shui basics that each take under one-minute to complete! Try these easy Feng Shui tips and repeat them whenever you feel blah, unmotivated and stuck. Let us know what you think!
- Open your windows.
- Burn a Sage stick or burn a candle. Burning sage is one of the quickest ways to remove negative energy from both a space and an object.
- Dust things off and polish your countertops. Dusty and dirty surfaces and objects in your home are considered to be harmful or bad feng shui. It also creates a more metal elemental energy for focus.
- Take out the trash. No need to keep that bad (and sometimes malodorous) energy in your home.
- Blast some music—maybe even dance it out for a while.
- Fluff your pillows. Plump them up so that they’re revitalized instead of squished and flat.
- Water your plants. Check in on them, and see how they’re doing. Are they getting enough light, or do you need to find them a new spot? Having plants in your home helps to keep the air fresh and clean, so make sure that your plants are happy and healthy.
- Do a little vacuuming or mopping so that your floors sparkle. You will immediately feel and smell the freshness.
- Sprinkle a little lavender essential oil in each corner of your home. The smell of lavender will help create a balanced and relaxing environment.
- Make the room a little brighter by turning on the lights or screwing in a brighter light bulb. Flooding your home with light, even for a few minutes, will create a new perspective and freshen your environment.
- Shut your toilet lids. When you close the lids, you keep the plumbing “under wraps.” Drains in bathrooms and kitchens carry away your chi, and the toilet is the most important one as it leads out to the sewer pipes. So close it if its not closed already!
You can add even more positive energy to your home or office by adding feng shui crystals! Having crystals in your home and office helps you to manifest your dreams. They bring the energy of the Earth into your environment, which is healing, purifying and uplifting. They help to harmonize the home, bringing harmony to every room. Each crystal carries its own beneficial, purifying and unique healing properties. Find that crystal that is perfect for your home on our website!
This is Dana Claudat’s home energy makeover and it’s amazing! To learn more from her, go to http://www.fengshuidana.com.