Mala beads are very powerful tools to use in your meditation or yoga practice and to connect you with your spirituality through everyday wear. The Blessings Mala Necklace is made with 108 Fluorite beads and 1 larger Fluorite bead as the 109th bead; this bead represents gratitude, enlightenment and our connection with the divine. According to crystal lore, Fluorite was believed to be the home to rainbows, due to its beautiful vibrant colors. It acts like a vacuum cleaner for your mind, clearing it of confusion, cluttered thoughts and negativity. It helps to bring order to chaos, helping to restore balance and encouraging a “go with the flow” attitude. Rainbow Fluorite also neutralizes and absorbs all negative vibrations, making it an ideal healing stone to wear each and everyday. It helps to cleanse your energy field, your aura and the energy of any other stones it touches.
First created in India over 3000 years ago, mala beads have been worn for thousands of years by yogis and spiritual seekers from all over the world. Pre-dating the rosary, the history of mala beads is rooted in Hinduism, Buddhism, Tibetan culture and yoga, as it is an ancient modality used for prayer, meditation and ultimately, for a focused intention. The word mala in Sanskrit means meditation garland, and originally, mala beads were used in a special style of meditation called Japa, which means to recite.
Traditionally, mala necklaces have 108 beads. Why 108? The number 108 is a very auspicious and spiritually significant number, and there’s a reason why. Throughout history, the number 108 has held multi-dimensional meaning, manifesting itself in our universe in many more ways than we realize:
- Sun and the Earth: The diameter of the Sun is 108x the diameter of the Earth. The distance from the Sun to the Earth is 108x the diameter of the Sun.
- Heart Chakra: Chakras are the intersections of energy lines, and there are said to be a total of 108 energy lines converging to form the heart chakra. One of them, the sushumna, leads to the crown chakra, and is said to be the path to self-realization.
- 1, 0, and 8: Many believe that the number 1 stands for God, or the higher truth, 0 stands for completeness in spiritual practice, and 8 stands for infinity.
- Desires: There are said to be 108 earthly desires.
- Goddess Names: There are said to be 108 Indian goddess names.
- Planets and Houses: In astrology, there are 12 houses and 9 planets. 12 x 9 = 108.
- Stages of the Soul: Said at Atman, the human soul, or center, goes through 108 stages on its journey.
Mantra for Serenity & Contentment: HUNG VAJRA PEH
The Blessings Mala Necklace is made with 108 8mm Fluorite beads and 1 10mm faceted Fluorite bead. Due to the nature of the crystals, all beads will differ slightly in shape, size, color and pattern. Because of the tassel, and thread used to string the necklace, we do not recommend getting your necklace wet.