Many times, new customers come to us in times of hardship. Usually, they are experiencing illness, grief, financial struggle or simply the feeling of being stuck. They turn to crystals to reconnect with nature, heal from the past and receive new energy to move forward.
One of the things crystals are able to teach us during these times is the power of positive thinking. They remind us that no matter what challenge we are faced with, that there is good within it. The key, however, is to be open and patient in recognizing that good. It may come to us in a day or it may be years down the road when we realize why things occurred when and how they did. The crystals help us remember that the Divine has a bigger and better plan for us than we do. Working with crystals helps you focus on positive thoughts and to see the deeper meaning behind all that occurs in this world.
How to Increase Positive Thinking in Your Life
- Work with healing crystals — Pick a crystal that you are drawn to (that is usually the energy you need). Set an intention for your crystal to see the positive in all things. Each day, hold your crystal and think about one thing you are grateful for, or change one negative thought to a positive one. This will help you realize how much good already surrounds you.
- Writing in a journal — Research has found that people who write down a positive experience in a journal each day had better mood levels, fewer visits to the doctor and fewer illnesses.
- Daily meditation — Those who meditate daily have more positive emotions than those who do not, according to research. Those who meditate have also been found to display increased mindfulness, purpose in life, decreased illness symptoms. This contributes to being able to stay positive even during the most challenging times.
- Discovering your inner child — Schedule a time each day to do something that brings you joy. Having fun shouldn’t be left for just on the weekends if you have time. It needs to be part of our everyday life. By creating your own happiness and joyful experiences, you will foster more positive thoughts.
- Live in the present moment — Often times, we put our happiness in the future. “I will be happy if I make more money.” But we have no control over what happens in the future, only the present moment. Think of the ways you can learn from your current situation, how you can make tangible adjustments to improve it, and what can make you happy that day, versus down the road. Try a positivity mantra that you can repeat throughout the day when you need extra strength.
Creating a more positive outlook does not mean that we avoid feels of anger, sadness or frustration. Feeling those emotions is extremely important to our wellbeing. It is when we become stuck in them, unable to see the light in all things, that causes us to enter into more darkness.