We’re all about remaining present to live in the now, and more importantly, spreading that message to all of you, so that you each can discover ways to enjoy every moment of your spectacular lives. But what exactly does it mean to live in the now? Ultimately, the past is unchangeable and the future is just a vision. All we are truly in control of is the present. Where we stand today and how we feel in this moment, here and now. We often dwell on the past, and wish that we had the power to turn back the clock and do things over again; however, the past is responsible for shaping you into the person you are now, so why would you want to start over again? Overcoming adversity made you stronger, it made you wiser, and ultimately a better version of yourself. If you never knew what it meant to struggle, you would never have experienced the pure joy and satisfaction that came from persevering through hardship. If you never faced an obstacle in which you needed help overcoming, you may never have learned how to be humble or to understand that we all need a little help from time to time. And if everything you faced in your past is now reflected in who you are today, and you think to yourself, I’m not happy with the person I’ve become, then know that we are all perfectly imperfect and that is okay! Don’t wish that you could go back, but instead own everything that has led you to who you are today. You may not have the power to change what was, but you DO have the power to choose how you show up to your life today!
There are many different ways that we can reel ourselves back into reality and start living in the moment. Of course, our go to method is by connecting with our healing crystals. Crystals are powerful energy tools that harness all of your thoughts and emotions in addition to providing you with physical awareness of your presence within a certain space. More often than not, when we sit down to meditate or reflect, our minds can wander into visions of the past or visions of the future; therefore, finding the right crystal to keep you focused on your intentions to live in the now can help you stay grounded and provide you with answers to questions you so desperately seek to understand. The crystal you are most drawn to can often have the biggest impact on your experience with it. To get you started living in the now-age, this list of our go-to live in the now crystals will prove helpful when we want to free yourself from the past and alleviate any fears we have for the future.
4 Crystals to Live in the Now
- Unakite: A stone for heart chakra healing, Unakite shifts your focus from your head to your heart. It helps you to release any negative emotions, trauma or old patterns so that you can move forward and focus on the present. When you’re able to live from the heart and do all things from a place of love, you are able to fully live in the now.
- Quartz Crystal: Clear Quartz brings focus, clarity and universal connection. On a cellular level, quartz and the human body are both composed of silicon dioxide, which creates a special, symbiotic relationship between the two. When you program your quartz crystal with your intention, it constantly emits it to the universe, even when you’re not thinking about it. Everytime you connect with it, its energy and beauty brings you back to your intention, back to the present moment.
- Carnelian: This fiery red-orange stone ignites action and allows you to remain grounded in the present moment. It encourages you to go with the flow, not to be startled or thrown off track by unexpected things that may arise. Connecting with the energy of carnelian gives you the courage and confidence to pursue your dreams.
- Hematite: As the ultimate grounding and centering stone, Hematite allows you to remain present, rooted and connected with the energy of the Earth. When you are grounded, you feel centered, balanced and just better, allowing you to fully embrace the current moment and live life to its fullest potential.
5 Simple Ways to Use Crystals to Live in the Now
- Keep a blessings journal. Start each morning with a ritual of setting intentions! Keep a blessings or miracles journal next to your bed. When you wake up each morning, hold one of the crystals above in your non-dominant hand and write down 1-3 things you are grateful for in the present moment. Then, write down an intention for your day, no matter how big or small. When you are finished, place your journal back in its place and carry your crystal with you throughout the day as a reminder or touchstone of your intention.
- Place crystals on your windowsill. In your office or bedroom, set an intention and place your favorite crystals on your windowsill. Every time they catch your eye throughout the day, they will bring a smile to your face and bring light to that present moment.
- Meditate to remain present. Create a practice of meditating with crystals to remain present, relaxed and at peace. Incorporating crystals into your meditation allows you to drop into your meditation much faster, and remain more focused throughout your entire meditation.
- Deepen your yoga practice with crystals. Lining the top, bottom and sides of your mat with yoga crystals helps you achieve a more focused practice. Having them in your space makes you feel a little more grounded and maintain a clearer mind. As you move through the poses and sequences, you continuously connect with their energy, reminding you of the intention they hold. Move them to your hands and body during savasana to give yourself a crystal body treatment to attune your chakras and aura to a higher frequency.
- Carry a “worry stone” with you daily. Keep your favorite live in the now crystal at your desk or in your pocket so that you can reach for it at a moment’s notice. When you’re feeling overwhelmed, fearful or stressed, reach for your crystal and roll it around in the palm of your hand. Its energy and this motion will help to calm your mind, relieve stress and spark creative ideas.
The next time life gets you down, turn to your crystals to reignite a light in your life. Stop asking the “what if’s” and put forth the effort to find out what is or what could be. You may not always get what you want in the way you thought it would happen, but the universe has a way of giving back when you reveal your intentions to her and you make an attempt at something extraordinary. Show up to life with exuberayting confidence and show ‘em who’s boss! You’ve got this.