Communication is everything; it creates the world we live in. Our emotional and spiritual wellbeing flows from the ability to clearly communicate what we’re looking for in life. But if we are not careful, failure to communicate or incorrect communication can destroy ourselves and our relationships. Practicing conscious communication is a way to take into account how we talk to ourselves and how we talk to others, making sure that we are communicating with a clear purpose and from a place of truth.
More often than we all care to admit, we feel friction in our relationships. It can be caused by something someone said, something a third party told us or even just the wrong interpretation of a facial expression. Whatever the catalyst was, this friction creates a block in our relationship and affects our ability to communicate with that person. The longer we let the block go on, the more frustration and friction occurs until it escalates and potentially ruins the relationship. Instead of letting the situation get to this point, conscious communication allows you to work through the problem in the early stages, helping you to take responsibility for your feelings and ask for what you want.
Conscious communication means that you are communicating with your whole self, from deep within your soul. You are communicating with kindness, fearlessness and awareness. You are actively listening and not just hearing. When you consciously communicate with others, it is coming from a place of authenticity with a clear mind and pure heart. Elevating your communication skills to this level will expand your spirit and empower your relationships, creating a more powerful presence with the people you deal with on an everyday basis.
This simple crystal ritual helps you to practice consciously communicating to learn how to improve your communication skills. It allows to truly hear what you sound like when you are expressing your feelings. This practice of conscious communication can be implemented into all your relationships (your business partners, co-workers, friends, family, children, romantic partners etc). It is also wonderful for throat chakra healing, opening up this chakra center so that you can speak your truth.
Conscious Communication Ritual with Blue Gemstones
What You’ll Need:
- A blue crystal of your choice, we recommend the following:
- Amazonite – a stone of truth, communication, integrity and trust. Amazonite helps you to communicate from a place of compassion and understanding, calming the heart to help you see different sides to the same issue.
- Blue Apatite – an inspirational crystal that brings clarity of mind and clear communication. Apatite empowers self-expression to ensure you are communicating from a place of truth.
- Lapis Lazuli – a wise crystal that soothes your nerves and relinquishes stress. It reestablishes trust and faith in yourself so that you feel confident when you are speaking and expressing yourself.
- Your phone (or a recording device) or a journal & pen
Conscious Communication Ritual Steps:
- The night before you plan to talk the issue through, gather your phone (or your journal) and your crystal, and find a quiet space where you are alone.
- Using your phone to record yourself, say what you are planning to say to the other person. (If you are choosing to write in a journal, write a letter to that person).
- When you are finished, play back the recording and see how it sounds. If you wrote in a journal, read your letter out loud. Are you consciously communicating? Are you taking responsibility for your feelings with phrases like I feel? While listening to yourself, you will likely notice that the way you’re communicating may not be the best, most authentic approach. Keep in mind:
- Have you identified the thing that triggered the friction or emotional upset?
- Have you taken responsibility for your feelings, communicating only how it made you feel and not assuming anything about the other person?
- Have you identified what you are not receiving and what is lacking?
- Were you clear and did you ask for what you wanted?
- After you’ve listened, connect with the energy of your crystal. Hold it in your hands and close your eyes. Visualize how you’d like the conversation to go. Is there a better way to express yourself? Can you be more clear and direct? See both parties reconciling your differences, moving past the rough patch and strengthening your relationship.
- Gently open your eyes and ease yourself back into your space.
- Re-record or re-write what you are going to say, being conscious of how you are expressing yourself.
- Listen to your new approach and see how your words have evolved and changed.
- Repeat this process until you are able to consciously speak your truth from your heart.
Connecting with the crystal energy and going through this process will help you to work through your emotions. Many times, you will find that you’ve overcome the issue and that it isn’t even worth addressing. Other times, you will find that the issue still resides, but now you have clarified exactly what you need to say.