Do you sometimes find yourself feeling burnt out, unmotivated, tired, anxious or just overly emotional? This could be a sign that your chakras are out of whack. Chakra balancing is vital to our health and well being, and is something that often goes overlooked during our hectic lives. Running from the base of the spine to the top of the head, the 7 Chakras are centers of spiritual power, or wheels of energy, that flow through the body. Each of the 7 chakras is associated with a color, physical & emotional aspect and certain foods. When your chakras aligned, balanced and cleansed, you will feel reenergized, emotionally balanced and ready to live life to the fullest.
We have done several posts about chakra balancing with crystals and other energy tools, but have never touched on the Ayurveda philosophy of eating certain colored foods to realign your emotions and 7 chakras. We absolutely loved this article by Zain Saraswati Jamal on My Yoga, and thought we would share her wonderful information with you all!
Below are the chakra colors and foods associated with each of the 7 chakras. Try eating the rainbow and let us know if you feel a difference:
- 1st Root Chakra, Red for Energy: If you are feeling run down, tired, burnt out, lazy or lethargic, red foods, such as tomatoes, strawberries, raspberries and beets, will help to boost your energy levels and body temperature.
- 2nd Sacral Chakra, Orange for Confidence, Creativity & Self-Worth: If you find yourself feeling low on confidence, doubting yourself or feeling uninspired and creatively blocked, get yourself some oranges stat! Orange foods like mandarins, mangos, carrots, squash, pumpkin and yams will all make a powerful impact on these feelings.
- 3rd Solar Plexus Chakra, Yellow for Joy & Happiness: When you are feeling depressed, sad or emotional, immediately eat some yellow food, like a banana, corn on the cob, fresh pineapple or yellow peppers, and watch your mood shift. The color yellow is a natural mood enhancer, so eat yellow!
- 4th Heart Chakra, Green for Rejuvenation: Feeling low on energy? Stressed? Overworked? Then green is the color for you. Throw your favorite organic greens into a juicer or make a gigantic salad and feel your anxiety and stress vanish. The live enzymes, oxygen and chlorophyll in the greens are responsible for this.
- 5th Throat Chakra, Blue/Black for Calming: Do you often experience anxiety? Enjoy a bowl of blueberries or blackberries. Blue and black foods help to tonify the kidneys and help to bring forth honest communication.
- 6th Third Eye Chakra, Purple for Peace: Purple foods will help calm your energy and bring you peace when you are feeling frustrated and angry. Eat foods like eggplant, purple kale, concord grapes, purple carrots etc. Try a purple smoothie!
- 7th Crown Chakra, White for Strength: White foods such as mushrooms, garlic, ginger, onion, lychees and coconut help to ignite your strength and power. When you are feeling defeated of down, eat white foods to experience a surge of inner strength.
Try this chakra balancing technique to align and activate your 7 chakras! Each day, try to eat foods of the chakra colors and you will notice a difference.