The aragonite meaning and energy has been one that I have always admired from afar. I always felt as if it was telling me to look, but not to touch. These aragonite star clusters always seemed so fragile and delicate, but the closer I looked, its foundation was sturdy and strong.
Over 20 years ago, when I first began to study healing crystals, the aragonite metaphysical properties held a reputation of being a powerhouse mineral; one that gets to the root of a situation. If you have an issue that you’re sweeping under the rug, it’s going to bring it up so fast that the rug just disappears. It brings up anger, fear, unresolved emotions and every other cobweb within your mind and body that you would prefer to deal with at a later time.
On the positive side, the aragonite meaning has this lure about it that seems to tell us IF you deal with your self-perceived dark side, there is a gift waiting for you on the other side. It invites you to come closer, to look deep within all the tubes of energy that all originate from one central point. The aragonite meaning emanates this is the light. Each tube of energy beams light outwards, surrounding you with a web of light. You will be and feel better than before, but you must face your dark side to feel its light. Aragonite says, I am a cluster of light, and you too can also feel like a star shining bright in the sky. You can be a human star, BUT you must walk through the void, as the light awaits you.
I looked at this mineral for 20 years, and I never worked with it. The other day, when it arrived in our office, as it sparkled and shimmered, I immediately wanted it. It lures you in with its beauty and unique nature, that all you want to do is touch and hold it. However, once I did, everything I knew about it came flashing back: Be gentle with me, as I am fragile, strong and wise.
I decided that I was ready to experience the aragonite meaning first hand. After holding the aragonite star clusters in my hands, I was feeling really good…but then all hell broke loose. My teenage son arrived home, and he said something to me that normally would have gone in one ear and out the other. This time, it didn’t. All the wisdom of conscious parenting, being patient, “you’re the adult blah blah blah” went out the door. I knew the minute I said what I did that the battle had begun. I will say that my son is strong-willed and should be a professional debater or attorney when he gets older. We went at it verbally for over an hour and a half. It got so bad that I literally lost my voice. I could not speak; my throat chakra was officially closed.
Needless to say, I woke up in the morning and felt horrible. I looked to the side of my bed, and there laid the aragonite star clusters. I thought to myself, I knew I should not have harnessed this energy. Last night, I was angry, and I said things I normally would never say. I avoided my son for the rest of the day. However, during the day, while sharing my story with my girlfriends, I cried. I cried until I couldn’t cry anymore. As the darkness of my words lifted, the truth of the light set in. Everything that I said needed to be said. I realized that I must have more defined boundaries. I realized that I have work to do in regards to learning how to have a good relationship with my teenager. Everything I feared was in front of me, but it did not scare me because I was facing the truth, and I knew in that moment, I could handle it. I use my aragonite star clusters regularly now, as I know I don’t need to admire it from afar, because the truth shall set you free.
Harness the Aragonite Meaning with a Crystal Meditation
- Find a comfortable seated position in your home to connect with the aragonite meaning. Be aware that its energy may likely bring emotions, anger and any other unresolved issues to the surface so that you can heal and let go of them. Due to this, this is a crystal ritual that you probably want to do alone in a private area.
- Hold an aragonite star cluster in each of your hands and close your eyes.
- Visualize any anger, fear or negative emotions streaming out from your mind, bod and spirit and into the crystals. Visualize light emanating from the clusters, filling your aura and being with high-vibrations.
- Sit in your meditation long enough to feel a shift in energy. Let yourself really feel the emotions that arise and really go there with yourself.
- When you are finished, slowly open your eyes and let them acclimate to your surroundings. Gently release your clusters from your hands and place them in a safe place. Don’t forget to cleanse your crystals after your meditation!